My O.C.D.P. Kit

I think they are, it's just the way it looks in that pic. It's attach to the bass, not in it.
Plus, die-cast on the toms would be good, too, lol.

right, i see that now

since the kit is black and the mounts are black....

i see it now

haha well then i revise my earlier statement

YOU HAVE THE POSSIBILITES

Hmm.. judging from the setup---you play light acoustic jazz right?

J/k.

That riser looks sick! The Z custom setup and drums look like you are ready to blow the walls down!

Very nice!

Interesting rack and bass drum mount. Is it home made? My favorite part of the kit is the ash tray holder, the tequila bottle, the bag of 420...lol

What a rack-she is a beaut. Now that is a throne!!! Cool hybrid mutant-it drives evolution so I predict this fit beast will survive and reproduce well. I'd just like to sit in-on it???? I mean you gotta feel like a king. Kneel before Zod!!!!!! hee,hee,hee. Awesome setup. My best friend is a welder-machinist. I need to get him to build me a cage-perhaps like a gyroscope with me spinning in the center. Maybe I could make it into a ride and charge folks to ride it. Dang Bernhard could make DrummerWorld into DRUMMERWORLD the theme park. Put Disney outta business. I digress-Awesome dude.

Thanks for all the killer feedback. I appreciate all the cool comments.
Let try to answer all your questions.

First of all, the foam inside the bass drums is there to kill the over tones when micing them. The foam touches both front and rear heads. Without the foam it rings way too much. It sounds like concentrated thunder now. As for micing I use 2) AKG D-112s, I also use DDrum acoustic triggers with 2400 watts of power and 2) 18" subs. Trust me they will get your attention!

The bass drum angle. The bass drums project much further due to the fact that the sound goes up and is not being absorbed in to the floor. (Besides I think it looks cool.)

The rack is my favorite part. Special thanks to the Drum Frame Co. in PA. It's like a barcalounger i.e.(lazyboy recliner). Set your kit up on a large piece of plywood then stick a couple of 18 packs (Coor's Light) under the front edge so that the plywood is angled, 18" high in the front and ground level in the back. That's the way my kit sits. That is why the throne has such a high back on it. Great center of balance and comfort for playing for long periods.

As far as my endorsements, I'm not at liberty to speak about them.

Custom Z's. I use these because they don't break in 3 to 6 months like the rest do. I tend to hit pretty hard.

The clamp on smoking accessory attached to the hi hat is mainly used for mostly medicinal purposes. The ashtray used to sit on some cool old guys wheel chair. He willed it to me when he died It has sentimental value. (He didn't die of lung cancer, just another victim of Agent Orange from Viet Nam.) But yes I enjoy polluting myself. (If you think you can go out on the road and not pick up a few bad habits, think again. I quit all the other ones though.) It also makes for a good beer holder.

I have no videos here at home but I will make one as soon as I can.

Thanks

Damian

=eddiehimself;533347]So did I. Mine has started to crack in 5 :( that's why i hate z customs. How long has yours lasted then?
so do the z customs last long or not?

your getting me all confused....:)

I get about 18 months on them playing every day, GC's performance warranty is for 2 years so I try to break them prior to that. Hey, free replacements are after all free (minus the $20.00 for the registration)

It is impressive...

Hoping you have a couple guys who carry it around when you gig/tour. I'd hate having to lug that bad boy out to the tour van yourself every night.

Double bass, square toms, Z custom, black rack, and a Jolly Roger on the cabinet to boot. Jazz trio I presume? This kit just screams with echoes of Max Roach, Art Blakey, and Elvin Jones. Very subtle and very classy.
Haaa! Complete with a bag of goodies and an ashtray!
Cool set for an OCDP. Drum frames are weird with the kick angles pointing north.

I don't know if the kit is always mounted on this rack, but if it is, it seems like you could pull the spurs off the bass drums to give it a cleaner look.

Back