Steve Morrison

Re: Steve Morrison - pro drum tech (Tommy Lee)

STEVE--
There are a lot of new pictures over at www.Twistercity.com/Motley.htm. Does any of it look familiar to you? I've got some pictures of the prototypes for the Tommy Lee series heads over there. I'd just like to get a comment or two from you if possible. Thanks.

Herby

Here are some screen shots from some Motley Vids.... Let me know if your looking for something in particular.....

VImage032.JPG

VImage008.JPG

VImage009.JPG

VImage010.JPG

VImage011.JPG

VImage012.JPG

VImage016.JPG

VImage017.JPG

VImage013.JPG

VImage014.JPG

VImage018.JPG

VImage021.JPG

VImage022.JPG

VImage027.JPG

VImage029.JPG

VImage030.JPG

VImage031.JPG

hey man a couple of questions..
1)on the motley tour.. how many people to a bus(for the crew)..(not the crue)
2)is tommy anal bout the shoes he wears??
3) whats tommys mic/ monitors transported in??
4) when tommys replacement came in did he move around the kit that much??
5) what does tommy think of sulkly erna hahaha
wierd questions i know but ive been dieing to knwo
peace xxx

mick_tucker said:
hey man a couple of questions..
1)on the motley tour.. how many people to a bus(for the crew)..(not the crue)
2)is tommy anal bout the shoes he wears??
3) whats tommys mic/ monitors transported in??
4) when tommys replacement came in did he move around the kit that much??
5) what does tommy think of sulkly erna hahaha
wierd questions i know but ive been dieing to knwo
peace xxx

Hey Mick, here's your answers:
1) 11 to a bus, 3 crew buses.
2) Yes, his "Chucks."
3) His monitors are wheeled directly into the truck; mics are packed with the audio gear.
4) Not really, just the hi-hat stand, and a couple of cymbal arms...
5) I don't know... :) I'll ask him sometime and I'll get back to you on that one...
Late!

Vibra-Slap'd said:
Can I earn a free pair of Nick Mason sticks????? LOL

WOW, thanks for the Pics man, that's sweet!

I just got into a Motley tribute band as a side gig. I am checking out all his kits to pick the best setup for this band. I think I like the Feelgood kit best.

Were do you want me to send the sticks to?? heh.

Last edited:

I gotta disagree on the Feelgood kit dude......

The newest one or the Mirror ball finish are BAD ASS!!!!!

If you want to send me a pair of sicks.... can you get me a pair of Vik Foxx with his printing???

Not that the Nick Mason's are not a HUGE collectable!!!!! But, I'm more of an old school "hair" guy... LOL

PS--- Let me know if you want me to play drums in your Motley Band!!!!! LOL

hha me again.. how long is T behind the kit before a show.. like while mighty mike is doin his whole act??

Vibra-Slap'd said:
I gotta disagree on the Feelgood kit dude......

The newest one or the Mirror ball finish are BAD ASS!!!!!

If you want to send me a pair of sicks.... can you get me a pair of Vik Foxx with his printing???

Not that the Nick Mason's are not a HUGE collectable!!!!! But, I'm more of an old school "hair" guy... LOL

PS--- Let me know if you want me to play drums in your Motley Band!!!!! LOL

Sorry man, don't think I have any Vik Foxx sticks laying around. Maybe mine will be worth something on ebay in 10 years? lol.

I like the mirror ball kit, but a finish like that would be really hard. And I also don't think I can get (or transport) a 32" bass drum. haha.

For now I think I'll do the classic setup, 2 bass drums, 4 toms. But that's just because I have it all. Peace is going to be doing up a new kit for me with a 26" bass, that will look a little better after I get it.

masonni said:
Peace is going to be doing up a new kit for me with a 26" bass, that will look a little better after I get it.

Go with the Girl x3 chrome finish with the red rims and lugs........... effn' sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

And getting copys made of that bass drum head should be easy....

Good luck... and if you come to Philly... Ill roadie for ya dude!

Yeah I like the Girls kit..

I'll let you know when I'm down near you.. might be later on this year, but touring with my normal band. The Crue this is just on the side for fun once and a while.

masonni said:
Yeah I like the Girls kit..

I'll let you know when I'm down near you.. might be later on this year, but touring with my normal band. The Crue this is just on the side for fun once and a while.

Even if your down heree with the Dollies.... I'm come and check it out!!

Hey Steve!
You never answered my questions on page 6! :)

On to the next topics.
Supernova.
I bet its a girl who got the gig. Are you allowed to reveal it and any chance of getting a taste of whats to come?
Please? :p
hehehe
I would love to hear what Tommy would create if he hooked up with Zach DeLa Rocha (ex rage against the machine)
That would be killer.

Tommy is doing a festival here in august (august 11 to be exact), I was wondering if you were going to come down for it as well. I cant find ANY info on it (no speed limit festival) and would absolutely love to go.

Can you tell Tommy the little greek bonehead from montreal (head shave guy) is looking for the hook up? I'll bring the clippers again :)

Id love to get together and talk drums.

STAY STRONG AND ROCK ON!

[email protected]

Steveo this forum is out of control. Last time I checked it was on page 3 i believe. Well I just discovered youtube.com and they've got all kinds of old tommy footage (Theater of pain, Girls Gilrs Gilrs and Dr. Feelgood drum solos), who knew?.
Anyway I'm out with Taking Back Sunday till mid august and then Evanescence after that so maybe i'll see you while I'm in L.A. sometime. I know Evanescence's drummer had some questions regarding loading samples into his Ddrum so i'll try to hit you up sometime about that. Later.

Wow your life must be so cool. I saw Crue last year in Buffalo New York. I loved Tommy's set, that bass drum he has is giant. I also liked the panties he has tied up on the rack (if that still on there i dont know). If you guys come to Buffalo again il track you down to see a close up of the kit! Keep it up man your living my dream

Zildjian 242 said:
Wow your life must be so cool. I saw Crue last year in Buffalo New York. I loved Tommy's set, that bass drum he has is giant. I also liked the panties he has tied up on the rack (if that still on there i dont know). If you guys come to Buffalo again il track you down to see a close up of the kit! Keep it up man your living my dream

Hey Dude! I was at the Darien Lake show, and live in Buffalo too!

Cool, that concert was sweet, I was in front of Nikki (the bass player) for pretty much the whole concert, that dude is a frigen monster, he's so tall and evil, Tommy was having a really on day for that concert tho

STEVE-O!
Dont leave me hanging,bro!

Tommy's
NO SPEED LIMIT FESTIVAL- in montreal!

Hook it up!
The lack of info is killing me here!

Ask T if i can have his email please :)
Bonehead in montreal

[email protected]

fdimes said:
STEVE-O!
Dont leave me hanging,bro!

Tommy's
NO SPEED LIMIT FESTIVAL- in montreal!

Hook it up!
The lack of info is killing me here!

Ask T if i can have his email please :)
Bonehead in montreal

[email protected]
I'll check it out with T, in regards to the show. And of course I cannot release his email address, but I will check with him.

eddiemapp said:
Steveo this forum is out of control. Last time I checked it was on page 3 i believe. Well I just discovered youtube.com and they've got all kinds of old tommy footage (Theater of pain, Girls Gilrs Gilrs and Dr. Feelgood drum solos), who knew?.
Anyway I'm out with Taking Back Sunday till mid august and then Evanescence after that so maybe i'll see you while I'm in L.A. sometime. I know Evanescence's drummer had some questions regarding loading samples into his Ddrum so i'll try to hit you up sometime about that. Later.
Have fun on the TBS tour, Kevin Cauley, our LD is out with Angels & Airwaves. I'm going to try and come to the Long Beach show.

Back