Pat Petrillo here!

Hey Pat great time talking to you and Bobby today
Take Care Mike

DSCN0765.jpg

DSCN0747.jpg

SoCalMike!

Great to see you as well, and thanks for coming by the Ludwig booth. Great pic!

Pat

Hi everyone

The UK Clinic Tour is finalized, and here are the dates and locations

Sunday, March 22: Bournemouth: MASTER CLASS w/Simon Mellish
Monday, March 23: Bournemouth. PRIVATE LESSONS 079 1979 105
Tuesday, March 24: LCCM, London: PRIVATE LESSONS AVAILABLE. 020 7378 7458
Wednesday, March 25: MAD ABOUT DRUMS, Peterborough. 01733 327 987
Thursday, March 26: ICMP, London MASTER CLASS.
Friday, March 27: Drumsense, Croydon. MASTER CLASS/LESSONS 020 8288 0863

Please contact any of the above if you would like to attend, and PM if you would like to hook up for a lesson

All the Best
Pat

jack

Thanks SO much, and that was a while ago! Yes, the exercises are short and sweet, and ultimately, playing short exercises of each rudiment, as well as COMBINATIONS of rudiments, (diddle/roll/, drag/ratamacues)is the best way to develop your hand technique

In the NEWEST issue of Modern Drummer, I introduce my "Rudiment TAB System", which I developed in "Hands, Grooves, & Fills". It will help you memorize the rudiments, and put them into short solo combinations which will give you an actual vocabulary.

You can grab HGF here at drummerworld, or your local drum store or online, amazon.

Good luck, and let me know how you like it!
PAt

Congrats on the series of articles in MD, keep 'em coming!

yeah yeah yeah! been using your book for time man, and the practice pad is dope for when i'm travelling.
will pm about lessons.

Hi Pat, I am really enjoying the P4 practice pad. Can you recommend a stable stand that will cut down on pad vibration? Perhaps one that will allow for both standing and sitting playing positions?

What stand do you like to use for your P4?
---
conTraption

conTraption

Well...The 8mm thread mounts on most cymbal stands work pretty well, but as with most of these types of mounts, it doesn't feel as sturdy as if if were in a snare basket..SO...

1) A snare stand that raises up higher, like a concert stand, works great.

2) 'retro fit" a cymbal stand top into a snare basket, cutting the cynbal stand pipe about half way...Works great standing or sitting

3) You can do the same thing with a snare basket/cymbal stand combo..just retro fit the snare basket into a cymbal stand!

Glad you dig it, and happy jammin!

Back from the UK, and had a wonderful time once again with all my drummer friends! Thanks to ICMP, Mad About Drums, Percussion Works, Drumsense, Rock Bottom Music, and everyone I met and got the chance to hear play. It was truly an honor and a pleasure.

See you again soon!
Cheers!

Attachments

• Pat@ICMP London,2010.JPG
    Pat@ICMP London,2010.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 602
Dear Pat,
Just a quick question. I am about to enrol in the 3 week intensive courses and I have to send an audition. One of the requirements is to play 2 minutes of "Rock". Do you know what do they mean when they say rock? Do they mean Shuffle or something more like Alternative rock?
Best Regards.
Alejandro

I received this email today.

From the desk of The American Music Group
Petrillo Enterprises

Learn to Read Rhythms Update!

To those who have pre-ordered "Learn to Read Rhythms, Better", Pat would like to sincerely thank you for pre-ordering and
also for your patience. He has asked us to send this note out to you as an update of where we are in this much-anticipated project.

The project itself is 99% completed save a few editing "tweaks", DVD authoring revisions (so every clip is reviewable), and final mastering.

This project was so large, it is now officially a 2 DVD SET, including the 105 page eBook, and the mp3 play along reading examples.

We will get the final go ahead from the distribution company (one that you all will recognize), and will send it out as soon as we do.

Pat has asked us to send his personal apologies for this project taking as long as it has, but we are nearly at the end and all we can say is that it will well be worth the wait!
If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to answer all questions.

Thanks, once again,

Mike,
American Music Group

I replied about the first group of us getting Autographed copies and was told that we would. so things are moving along.

And we are still waiting, and waiting , and waiting........... six months have gone by since this email. this is really sad.

And we are still waiting, and waiting , and waiting........... six months have gone by since this email. this is really sad.

Wow! That is incredible! But "It's worth the wait"

Let's see on top of a full refund or heavy discount Pat should also throw in the following for your trouble:

Autograph
New P4
Drumsticks
Wash you car
Wash your dog
Mow your lawn

Has anyone bought the P4 pad yet? I saw a demo video of it and it looks really useful. I probably wouldn't look in to it if I already had a good pad but all I have is the rubber thing that covers the snare drum. Off to google to search for prices.

I've been a big fan of the P4 practice pad for a few years now....I'll never be without it...In my opinion, the best pad on the market.

I received this email this morning.

From the desk of James Charles Management
Re: Pat Petrillo's Learn to Read Rhythms
A Message from Pat:

Dear Fellow drummers,

Thanks, once again, for your patience and here is an update:

We are in the authoring stages! Clips are graphically edited, and now the final stage of authoring is underway. Mid August is a very real time line, as once it is authored, we render, copy, and ship!

And we are also moving into an agreement with Hudson Music, so all is well!

I appreciate your support.....and your patience. And may I say yet again, it WILL be worth the wait.

Doin my best!
Pat

On behalf of Pat Petrillo, we are....

James Charles
James Charles Management
[email protected]

I received this email this morning.

From the desk of James Charles Management
Re: Pat Petrillo's Learn to Read Rhythms
A Message from Pat:

Dear Fellow drummers,

Thanks, once again, for your patience and here is an update:

We are in the authoring stages! Clips are graphically edited, and now the final stage of authoring is underway. Mid August is a very real time line, as once it is authored, we render, copy, and ship!

And we are also moving into an agreement with Hudson Music, so all is well!

I appreciate your support.....and your patience. And may I say yet again, it WILL be worth the wait.

Doin my best!
Pat

On behalf of Pat Petrillo, we are....

James Charles
James Charles Management
[email protected]

Will we ever see this DVD? This is going beyond ridiculous

Yea, I'm beyond impatient too. Never again will I pay in advance, I thought this was going to be a few week wait. I think I've been waiting for over a year now. Bad business practices to ask for advance orders and not be able to deliver in a timely manner.

Yea, I'm beyond impatient too. Never again will I pay in advance, I thought this was going to be a few week wait. I think I've been waiting for over a year now. Bad business practices to ask for advance orders and not be able to deliver in a timely manner.

Have you been offered a discount or refund up to this point? This is exactly why i didn't pre-order, fearing a long wait, but almost a year is ridiculous!

People can only take so many "apologies" and "we're in the final stages" lines.

Yea Muckster, I got a 10.00 refund a while back.

Last word was end of August, which has come and gone.

Back