Roger Daltry is Rediculous.

M

Mark Ahle

Just saw him at Count Baise Theater in (Red Bank?) NJ. Wow. This guy still puts on a great show. He did some awesome WHO classics, and some of his own stuff too. I wish I wasn't born in 93'. I guess some of you guys know by now that I'm into all that old stuff...I'm seeing Joe Bonamassa in April! Yes!!!

-MA

Just saw him at Count Baise Theater in (Red Bank?) NJ. Wow. This guy still puts on a great show. He did some awesome WHO classics, and some of his own stuff too. I wish I wasn't born in 93'. I guess some of you guys know by now that I'm into all that old stuff...I'm seeing Joe Bonamassa in April! Yes!!!

-MA

I just wish you would spell 'ridiculous' correctly on these threads.

-MA

So the next thread will be Joe Bonamassa is "rediculous"?

Yes, Reger Deltry is rediculous.

Yeah, he's a great frontman. Ham to the nth degree, but he's right up there with the great ham frontmen like Mick and the magificent but sadly-departed Freddie.

From dictionary.com...

ri⋅dic⋅u⋅lous Show Spelled Pronunciation [ri-dik-yuh-luhs]
–adjective causing or worthy of ridicule or derision; absurd; preposterous; laughable: a ridiculous plan.

Synonyms:
nonsensical, ludicrous, funny, droll, comical, farcical. See absurd.

I love The Who and Rodger is one of my favorite vocalists.

That said, I've heard many reports of his voice going out on tour, and I've heard some clips where he sounded terrible.

So I'm glad he was doing well on the night you saw him.

-MA

I have a bunch of Joe Bonamassa. He is awesome, saw him in Seattle and got his autograph. Gracious dude.

By the way, if I mespeeled anything, I apologize up frunt.

Re: Roger Daltry is Ridiculous.

Forget the spelling, I'm trying to start good classic rock conversation over here! Get off my back!

Forget the spelling, I'm trying to start good classic rock conversation over here! Get off my back!

Classic Rock conversation? I think we'd had all of those before.

Forget the spelling ... Get off my back!

Mark, the purpose of this forum is to communicate about drums. Spelling is fundamental to effective communication. Therefore, if someone has problems with spelling, their communication is less than effective and some members of this forum will not take them seriously.

Use this as a learning lesson so that you can improve your written communication. Your effort in this endeavour will pay dividends here and in other aspects of your life.

I am a terrible speller and was given a t-shirt that had "Bad spellers of the world untie!" on it. In my first year of university, I submitted a paper and it was returned with more red ink than my black type; this was an eye opener for me. I then made a conscious effort to improve my written communication.

Best wishes

GJS

p.s. I think Led Zeppelin is pretty awesome!

Just ignore them man it's an easy mistake to mispell i do it all of the time (see =P). That's great glad you enjoyed it, i really need to get out to gigs more although i have about 3 coming up. I remember watching him perform for live aid or whatever it was, pretty awesome stuff, age means nothing if you look after yourself which he definitely has.

I just wish you would spell 'ridiculous' correctly on these threads.

Im not saying that spelling isn't important, im not the best speller either but can you spell "rude"? I can. There is absolutly no reason to be ripping on him like this. I mean at least 5 comments pertaining to his spelling instead of replying to the topic of the thread? Grow up you guys.

Any young kid that goes to see Roger Daltry and likes it is OK by me.
This may be sacrilege but I always felt Roger was a bit of a Pete puppet. Pete was definitely the boss. Keith seemed to have no boss and made his own rules.
Just an impression I have and likely not the case. Don't stress over it.
Disclaimer: I have been loving The Who since I was a young hippie boy forever ago.

Im not saying that spelling isn't important, im not the best speller either but can you spell "rude"? I can. There is absolutly no reason to be ripping on him like this. I mean at least 5 comments pertaining to his spelling instead of replying to the topic of the thread? Grow up you guys.

This was the problem you were talking about in your 'foot to mouth' thread, no? MFB was just giving a heads-up to a very common spelling mistake, and one that the OP has made in similar thread titles.
Can't help but agree with Jim Gregory here; even with the Roger Daltrey cape on, he was never going to win against Keith in the ridiculousness stakes.

Back