What's your "day" job?

Re: Do YOU work?

I can't remember what it's like not to be at work. I've got at least 50 hour weeks at my real job, I'm trying to set up my custom building company to be the supplier of shells to various other custom builders, i'm getting married in 2 months, i teach lessons, etc. I don't get out much.

I work at an elementary school and I do freelance work that involves welding, milling, grinding, lathing, etc. My school has some really nice machine shops and a state-of-the art welding lab available and I'm able to acquire scrap materials for free or for next to nothing so I make a good amount of profit.

I had a job interview today at Sainsburys supermarket, so wish me luck....
lol

Not sure of your age but if you are old enough try to get the shelf filling at night. You'll get paid a lot more and still have weekends free....and the big bonus is - No customers!

I own a thriving psychology consultancy so practice is always difficult. I can be working 80+ hours a week. I could fit morepractice time in if I really tried but with kids, mortgage, wife etc. things do get in the way.

I am a retired medical researcher and cell biologist and anatomist. Mostly published in vascular biology (development, cell signaling, and biomechanics) and taught histology to Med students. I am old school attaining B.S., M.S., and then Ph.D.

Take this job and ...... Retired, thank goodness. Work with my horses and practice when I get the chance. Between feeding, mucking and working the horses, I sometimes get too tired to practice.

Take this job and ...... Retired, thank goodness. Work with my horses and practice when I get the chance. Between feeding, mucking and working the horses, I sometimes get too tired to practice.

Hey Doc,

I can relate! However, I've got the horses and the day job! And retirement looks to be a long way off! LOL!

Suddenly, I feel very tired.....

Hey everyone!

My first post..wooo!

Im currently unemployed but hoping to start work with Irish post very soon plus I give lessons :D

Good to be on Drummerworld!

The day job is pretty heavy. Senior Software Engineer, Project Lead and Systems Architect for a technical group supporting various parts of the healthcare industry. Hospitals, Clinics, Pharmaceuticals, Biomed research, etc...

Big projects, big impact. A bug in this code could mean mis-diagnosis or incorrect treatment, leading to dead patients. Needless to day, the liability and indirect stress levels can be pretty high.

I am a team leader (foreman) in an aluminum extrusions plant. Our core business is architectual shapes and curtain wall door and window systems. Typically doors and windows you see in any restaurant, Wal-mart, or High rise building. We do lots of school windows too. We melt aluminum scrap/prime, then cast into logs and billets to use in our extrusion presses. We also anodize, paint and thermally improve (my department) the window/door frames as requested by the customer.

We extrude a whole bunch of different stuff but mostly window sections.

Computer Aided Mapping by day.....
Cerritos College Pop band by night....

Back