Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: hi all

Welcome and enjoy your stay, hopefully it will be a long one
Hope you find us to be a helpful and knowledgeable (yet sometimes slightly demented) bunch here!
Rome, eh? nice city, nice country (even with the bias of my Italian heritage aside ;P )

Re: Introduce Yourself

how long been playing: 3 years this october
origin of user name: i'm a dream theater fan for life :-D
top 5 drummers: Mike Portnoy, Derek Roddy, George Kollias, Romain Goulon, Johnny Rabb
make of drumkit: Tama
make of cymbal: Sabian, Eastsound, and Serpent
where do you practice: my own "drum room"
are you in a band/s: yes Trip-56 www.myspace.com/trip56 i'm NOT the drummer on It Doesnt's Matter and Castaway.
covers or originals: both-ish
what style of music: my band plays punk but i play metal
favourite take out food: chinese(?)
one really odd fact about yourself: I do paranormal research in my free time :)
how did you start drumming: i just started tappin on stuff and my parents noticed i sounded good so they got me lessons :)

Oioi there boys and girls - finally got around to registering - man i love this site!!

real name? James Smith
age? 21
how long been playing? 11 years
origin of user name? Simple really - my nickname followed by what i like to do!!
top 5 drummers? IMPOSSIBLE - urm, at the mo...maybe Buddy rich, steve smith, carter beauford, steve gadd, billy ward.
make of drumkit? Ludwig
make of cymbal? Zildjian/Sabian
where do you practice? Anywhere i can at the mo - im in the process of soundproofing my garage
are you in a band/s? Yup - Alphaspin, plus wanting to go full time session/teaching/whatever i can as soon as i graduate in a few months!
covers or originals? Originals
what style of music? Rock pop indie funk...ish
favourite take out food? hrrm, i really fancy a curry at the mo!
country? i dunno...
one really odd fact about yourself? i always eat apples in a set routine..... :s
how did you start drumming? my dad was a drummer and when i saw him play when i was but a nipper i got HOOKED!

bootiful - glad to be a part of the group! let the learning begin!! :D :D

how long been playing: 6 or 7 months
origin of user name: Its my real name
top 5 drummers: Alex Van Halen, Neil Peart,Vinnie Paul,Jason Bittner,and Dave Lombardo
make of drumkit: Umm...i'm still saving up for one.Ihave a little Yamaha electronic pad thing though(the kind you buy at Sams)
make of cymbal: read above
where do you practice: in my room
are you in a band/s: No
covers or originals: im not in a band
what style of music: read above
favourite take out food: Umm....idk
one really odd fact about yourself: I'm really hyper sometimes
how did you start drumming: just started air-drumming to Rush and Iron Maiden

Hello everyone

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd introduce myself. I have actually been reading threads on this forum for a couple months but I never bothered to register. I think I can safely say that I've gotten twice as good as drumming as I was before I found this forum. I'm fifteen years old, I live in Westchester county in New York, and I've been drumming since I was in 3rd grade. Pleased to meet everyone.

Re: Hello everyone

Welcome to the forum!! This forum can be very helpful. Good luck to you and enjoy!!

how long been playing: 7 1/2 years
origin of user name: SNL skit with Tracy Morgan
top 5 drummers: Tony Royster, Jr., Carter Beauford, Dave Weckyl, Akiro Jimba, Mike Portenoy
make of drumkit: Yamaha Stage Custom (yamaha anton fig custom snare, yamah musashi side 12 inch snare)
make of cymbal: Zildjian A Custom ping ride 20 in, A Custom 18in crash, 17in A Custom projection crash, 16in K dark crash, 17K China, 10in A Custom Splash, 8in A custom splash, 13in A Custom hi-hats.
where do you practice: in the car, tuesdays & saturdays for church worship practice.
are you in a band/s: yes
covers or originals: both (worship covers and originals/studio)
what style of music: Rock/Indi Rock/Jazz/Progressive/Funk/Blues
favourite take out food: Taco Bell
one really odd fact about yourself: i'm the easiest person to scare in the entire world
how did you start drumming: listening to the drummer at church when i was 15, dave matthews band.

Hey everyone! I'm pretty new here, though I've read a lot of posts and downloaded tons of video clips from this place. I've been around at the Tama forum a while if you recognize me. This whole site is pretty unbelievable.
how long been playing: Drumset since I think 7th grade
origin of user name: Take a wild guess...
top 5 drummers: Ben Cissell from Audio Adrenaline was my first big influence. After that, Scott Phillips from Creed, and then Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater. The other two could be any of a number of the ones featured here on drummerworld.com.
make of drumkit: Tama Starclassic Maple
make of cymbal: Zildjian A's.
where do you practice: home and church
are you in a band/s: www.myspace.com/soulharvestmusic
covers or originals: originals, and some covers that apparently were more popular some time like before I was born :)
what style of music: I like all styles of rock, old or new. I also occasionally listen to country. I'm pretty open, I think.
favourite take out food: Pizza Hut
one really odd fact about yourself: I actually have had a nickname for several years that comes from when I climbed a tree. I don't know, does that work?
how did you start drumming: I started playing percussion in the school band in 6th grade. When I went to junior high and started playing snare in pep band, I always had this incredible feeling like it didn't matter what else I had to worry about. I started playing drumset in the school's jazz band,. and I've been addicted to playing now ever since.

Real Name- Brennan Heath Dixon
Age-15
How Long Been Playing- one and a half years
Origin Of User Name- Swore to only use DW Drums in future, 20005 is my favorite number for some odd reason
Top 5 Drummers- Brad Wilk, Matt Sorum, Tommy Lee, Lars Ulrich, Joey Kramer
Make of Drum Kit- Peavey
Make of Cymbal- Sabian
Where Do You Practice- In Basement
Are You In A Band- Not at the moment
Covers or Originals- N/A
What Style Of Music- Punk, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Country, Blues
Favorite Take Food- A&W
Country- Canada
One Really Odd Fact About Yourself- Almost Got Struck By Lightning
How Did You Start Drumming- Listened to Metallica's first 5 albums in middle school and enjoyed the drumming, nagged parents for a kit and got one in grade.9.

Hi all , hola amigos from Spain.
First ,great forum cheers for the admin(s) , very nice to see drummers around the world sharing our love and passion for drums.

This is 'me':

how long been playing: I was about 12
origin of user name: I´m nicknamed 'Montxo'
top 5 drummers: My first 'drum-impact' was Ian Paice (those were the times!) after that Bill Bruford , Colaiuta , Simon Phillips , Gavin Harrison and....and...
make of drumkit: Yamaha Club Custom (Discontinued product).
make of cymbal: Paiste 2002 (Ride) , Zildjian K (crashes & HH) , Sabian AA (splash)
where do you practice: home ,elevator (what a nice bass drum sound!),bathroom..
are you in a band/s: No at this moment
covers or originals:
what style of music: I like all
favourite take out food: Tortilla Española
one really odd fact about yourself: I´m a smoker and I have a Spanish-English dictionary
how did you start drumming : I was just a foetus :)

Good luck , buena suerte

Hi all , hola amigos from Spain.
First ,great forum cheers for the admin(s) , very nice to see drummers around the world sharing our love and passion for drums.

This is 'me':

how long been playing: I was about 12
origin of user name: I´m nicknamed 'Montxo'
top 5 drummers: My first 'drum-impact' was Ian Paice (those were the times!) after that Bill Bruford , Colaiuta , Simon Phillips , Gavin Harrison and....and...
make of drumkit: Yamaha Club Custom (Discontinued product).
make of cymbal: Paiste 2002 (Ride) , Zildjian K (crashes & HH) , Sabian AA (splash)
where do you practice: home ,elevator (what a nice bass drum sound!),bathroom..
are you in a band/s: No at this moment
covers or originals:
what style of music: I like all
favourite take out food: Tortilla Española
one really odd fact about yourself: I´m a smoker and I have a Spanish-English dictionary
how did you start drumming : I was just a foetus :)

Good luck , buena suerte

Check the dictionary for fetus....lol.

real name? Erik Veach
age? 27
how long been playing? 18 years
origin of user name? My favorite Texas Hold 'Em player
top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Neil Peart, JoJo Mayer, Scott Philips, Steve Boggio (my uncle)
make of drumkit? CB Percussion
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? Garage
are you in a band/s? Not at the moment. I did play with a Scottish Pipes and Drums Corp. back in the day.
covers or originals? Whatever I feel like playing
what style of music? Rock/Jazz/Freestyle (my own little incorporation of things)
favourite take out food? Taco Bell
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I've been playing the drums for 18 years and haven't really gotten better at it.
how did you start drumming? Got tired of playing the trumpet and my uncle had his kit at his house, so I started sneaking down to the basement and the rest is history.

Name: Tim McKenzie
how long been playing: 14 years
origin of user name: been using it forever.. native american general not the club ;)
top 5 drummers: Peart got me into drumming.. since then weckle, bozzio, gadd, etc
make of drumkit: Formerly a 1970's Slingerland 9 pc set.. now a beautiful Taye Studio Maple
make of cymbal? Paiste
where do you practice? On everything.. but my set is in my bedroom (until I get married in Nov)
are you in a band/s? Not currently
covers or originals? I guess this is N/A
what style of music? A bit of everything.. Jazz to get better and Rock just to jam
favourite take out food? Wendys spicy chicken sammich
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? I hit my head on a cheeseball can when I was 5
how did you start drumming? Some may say the question above had a lot to do with it... I started in 5th grade in the elementary school band. In 6th grade I borrowed a drum set to play in a little rock band they put together for an event. I pretty much just kept time while the other set player (he was like 30) actually played. In the box with the borrowed drumset was "Drum Techniques of Rush" I've been reading music since I was 5 and reallized very quickly that anyone that could play what was written there must be darn good. Been hooked ever since. Cheapie borrowed set -> Pearl Export -> 1970's Slinger kit -> Taye Studio Maple

How long been playing: Since the age of 20, which adds up to a bit under four years at the present time.
Origin of user name: Back in the day I was in love with the video game Half-Life. It was ridden with the symbol lambda, which stands for the physical magnitude of wavelength.
Top 5 drummers: My teachers Klaus Suonsaari, Ari Isotalo & Rami Väyrynen + Ted Reed & George L. Stone. They've had a tremendous influence on my drumming and life in general.
Make of drumkit: Remo & Kumu.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Meinl, Masterwork & Paiste
Where do you practice? At home and at school.
Are you in a band/s? Several.
Covers or originals? Both.
What style of music? Various.
Favourite take out food? Pizza.
Country? Finland.
One really odd fact about yourself? I quit my university studies to focus on drumming.
How did you start drumming? I air drummed and listened closely to drumming for several years. When I got to try a drum kit at the ripe age of 19, playing them seemed quite natural and, dare I say, easy. I had been playing the guitar for a couple of years at the time, but the instant I played my first beat I knew I had found my true love. I bought a six-piece kit with a double pedal and started fiddling with it a bit. Shortly I got to my senses and ditched the double pedal and two toms, and I ended up with a standard four piece. The drums were joined by a nice set of Zildjian A Customs and I was all set.

I attended a week-long music camp, and I took my first drum lessons there. The week was all about jazz comping, independence and reading music -- eight hours a day for six days gave me a very good kick start. It also got me listening to a lot of jazz and whatnot. I kept practicing for long hours even after the camp and attended a music school the following fall. I took lessons in drumming, theory, solfege, music history, piano and pretty much anything I could, and after a year I applied for and was accepted into a high-level music school. It's my second year here and I still have one to go. I'm playing in several bands and theater productions, plus I give drum lessons every now and then. It's been a heck of a ride and I'm excited to see where this road takes me...

I am a newbie

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here on drummerworld, and I must say this is a great site for drummers, I am really enjoying it.

How long been playing: On and off for about 8 years.
Origin of user name: Exactly what I am, a ddrumbum.
Top 5 drummers: Neil Peart, Gavin Harrison, Vinnie Colaiuta, Steve Smith, and Dave Weckl.
Make of drumkit: Ddrum Diatribe.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, and Wuhan
Where do you practice? At home and at my church.
Are you in a band/s? Not at this time.
Covers or originals? N/A
What style of music? I mainly play Rock music
Favourite take out food? Good O' greasy burger and fries.
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Not sure
How did you start drumming? I just got really interested, after watching people playing the drums.

So here I am with my ddrum kit.

real name?Cassandra
age? almost half of 40
how long been playing? about 4 yrs or so i think.
origin of user name? dj being my boyfriends initials and s being in "dj's" and girl being me and 05 being the year we decided to grow our love for eachother
top 5 drummers? n/a
make of drumkit? i will get back to this. i just forgot
make of cymbal? sabian
where do you practice? church
are you in a band/s? sure. my church band
covers or originals? n/a
what style of music? rock, country, worship
favourite take out food? taco bell, good times, burgerking fries, chinese,
country? the u.s.of a.
one really odd fact about yourself? i never get ingrown toenails
how did you start drumming? visiting my awesome neighbor and giving away on his kit, which is now mine.

Gday, Its Tyler from Australia here

Hi!!

I'm 15 and from australia, been playing drums for about 4 years. Also a guitarest for about 6 years.

I look forward to meeting some new people on this board

Tyler

Re: Gday, Its Tyler from Australia here

Hello & welcome to the forums :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back