Can Drummers Cook?

Love to cook. Happy to spend hours in the kitchen, if I could release more time. I cook most of the family meals, unless I'm gigging or working. I really get off on flavousome spicy foods, mainly simple gravy based Indian dishes and my own fusion inventions. I roast my own spice combos, we grow lots of our own produce, and my finest creations are fish dishes.

No time to post some ideas now. Just woken up after a really heavy gigging night last night, and I'm getting "the look". I'll get some stuff up when I can.

What a great idea! I'll bet they aren't trading recipes over on the guitarworld forum...

I have one contribution for a quick smoothie, with proper credit given to Chris Carmichael.
It's called Quick Start Breakfast Drink.

2 cups pineapple juice
2 bananas
2 cups vanilla yogurt
1 cup strawberries
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix it all in a blender, and you're good to go.

(Polly, if I can make this then you shouldn't have a problem.)

Mmm Brady that sounds friggin great.

My contribution is to put about 5 or 6 chunks of cream cheese and a slice or 2 of ripped up swiss cheese in your scrambled eggs. I cook them in olive oil on a flat sideless iron skillet. Afterwards I drizzle some hot sauce over it, then sprinkle a little parmesan cheese, and on the side of the plate, some sour cream and salsa. Salt and pepper and I'm happy. It's a gooey mess that is oh so satisfying.
Plus you just have to have some really great tea with milk and honey.

Did I mention that I wore seatbelts whilst procuring said MILK?

If you want to ban me, first you have to catch me....na-na-na-nana!

I taught myself to cook after the end of my first marriage. At that time I'd had it with women and it was a slow time in my career. I was all alone, just like the first time I had sex. I watched cooking shows on TV, learned about spices and sauces, got a couple of good knives, cut recipes from the newspaper.

By the time I met my second and current and forever wife I could amaze her with tasty home-cooked meals. She's a good cook but she'll readily admit that I'm better.

Cooking is like composing a symphony, it's like painting a masterpiece. When I'm really into it I'll spend hours in the kitchen making sure that every last thing is just right, my trusty tasting spoon always handy. And I have a special measuring spoon, cutting board, chopping knife, stirring spoon, a big old cooking pot and a sauce pan that I couldn't live without. Those are my lucky charms.

The Count Basie Orchestra is my favorite music to cook to. You've got to have some good cooking music.

Last edited:
Melt chocolate in a large bowl, add cornflakes, put them in cake things, add the eyes of an aligator.

I can make a mean Fiesta Lime Chicken, and it's not that crap they have at Applebees. There's actually nothing 'fiesta' about it, but it's lime chicken and the name stuck.

I really love my grille. Fixed this on the the old Weber
- Pinot Salmon with Basil Cream sauce (Cooked this for my wife!)

16661_1204017255268_1073704274_30597746_6188280_n.jpg

Hey Chip, I bet you cook great, er, chips ... um ...

lol

It's funny when people use my name in conjunction with food.. "potatoe" chip... "chocolate chip"...

It's when they use it with things like... "cow" chip that it stops being funny anymore..!

Q:)

Just kidding

Oh, oh... Fish-n-Chips !

lol

It's funny when people use my name in conjunction with food.. "potatoe" chip... "chocolate chip"...

It's when they use it with things like... "cow" chip that it stops being funny anymore..!

Can barely cook or drum so might as well be silly!

You'd be relatively safe in Oz, Chip. We call them pow pats here. Is anyone here named Patrick?

seared ahi tuna is my specialty

start with some nice sized ahi tuna steaks and put them in a ziplock with enough olive oil, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar for the fish to soak. then add basil, oregano, pepper, and maybe even some rosemary in with it and try to work the bag to evenly coat the fish with all of the herbs.

now the fun part is searing it. you can either pan sear or do it on the grill. I much prefer grill because it gives it a little extra in my opinion. so get the grill or pan really really hot and cook the fish just until the outside is browned.

then enjoy with wild rice and your choice of vegetable

great healthy and quick meal.

Check out "Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill" on Neil Peart's website. There are some great recipes including appetizers, main courses and desserts. I've only made the Key Lime Pie so far.

Attachments

• pie.jpg
    pie.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 238
Not very well, give me a couple of jam doughnut`s anyday. Oh yes.

I like take aways, much better, sod all that cooking, you can have so much more fun with Savoly and chips, and a pickled egg of coaurse.

Yum Yum.

Back