70's Ludwig score!!! champagne sparkle

Hiwatt Bob

so, i'm really a guitar player--but my first instrument was the drums and have always loved playing. my drummer used to leave his kit at my house, but moved a couple years ago and took his drums with. so i finally gave in and decided to buy a kit--for me and for my young kids when they get a little older.

so i went to Ellis Drums in St.Paul. i originally was looking to get a Gretsch Catalina jazz set. they had this vintage 70's Ludwig kit in champagne sparkle (12, 13, 16, 22, no snare) for $750 on consignment. while i was there, the guy who was consigning it called and need to move it asap--so he reduced the price to $400. we called him back and i offered $300 and we settled on $350!!

picked up a silver sparkle catalina club snare. later that day i score some 14" K custom dark hats, an 18" K custom dark ride, and a 21" Sweet ride---all for around $550. all in all i spent less than $1K and got an amazing kit.....now i just need to practice.

i took off the middle tom.
1fdcbe9c.jpg

85b6ac68.jpg

4bccbfc4.jpg

really looking forward to learning from you guys here!

Nice snag on the kit! You overpaid on the cymbals, though. It balances out...

thanks.

you think i overpaid for the cymbals? by how much? i got the K hats for $200, K crash for $165, and ride for $180. i didn't do a ton of research before hand, but it seemed like a great deal.

thanks.

you think i overpaid for the cymbals? by how much? i got the K hats for $200, K crash for $165, and ride for $180. i didn't do a ton of research before hand, but it seemed like a great deal.

If those were new, you stole them.

I'd assume at that price they were used. Which is roughly how much they would be on ebay in good condition (which they look like they are).

But whatever, you got a great deal on the drum set!

Being at the right place, at the right time ... excellent score.

Back