Kick drum beater & pad combo's

huskytool

What do you use? I am presently using Tama Old School 2 way beaters which are about half the weight of DW's. just ordered the new Flyweight beaters from DW for testing. I use hard side exclusively contacting a click pad creation outlined below.

774e6300bd361f696a742283614e0db9_zpsc48b13d3.jpg

The above photo is the creation using the items listed below

5b5e823a47d47639575280dba7a39fc5_zps3d27b77d.jpg

Remove the internal click pad hard material from the black sticker cover and adhesive section:

f21784585861b9485689e5f72ffa9e84_zps5c509cd5.jpg

Cover the beater contact side of exposed hard click pad material with Evans black patch. Trim material accordingly:

c1bad11620f9546846922d0a13ab9133_zpsace07a06.jpg

Use Uglu adhesive tape to attach to drumhead, this stuff is amazing for ultra strong adhesive and complete removal as needed!

Last edited:
That's a really neat idea. I use an Aquarian patch with take rubber iron cobra beaters on my kit, on the kit I take care of at school I use pearl quad beaters (plastic side) and 2 quarters duck taped to the head. Lots of attack and still a lot of boom!

I use the above mentioned Evans kick patch and round felt beaters for the most part.
Also use a wooden beater for a bit more attack and volume, it's fairly heavy in comparison.

Round beaters have infinite sides to use. :p

I made one of those clickpads, and Im gonna say that I am VERY impressed. How did you come up with this idea, Huskytool? Very ingenious, and it sounds great! Better than the metal click I got from using the double metal kick pad from Danmar. Oh, and I am using DW square plastic beaters on it, along with a PS3 coated head.

I made one of those clickpads, and Im gonna say that I am VERY impressed. How did you come up with this idea, Huskytool? Very ingenious, and it sounds great! Better than the metal click I got from using the double metal kick pad from Danmar. Oh, and I am using DW square plastic beaters on it, along with a PS3 coated head.

Thanks man. It came together from recording trial & error over the years. I filed a patent on the design awhile back (which is kind of a dirty word around here) but as you can see from the share, I don't care to make money. I actually wish someone would scoop up the concept and produce these commercially.

Back