Double bass pedal that breaks down to single easily?

PeteN

Silver Member
HI guys, looking for a double pedal that breaks down to a single without much fuss. I can't seem to find answers off the manufacturers, none of them state of their double pedal breaks down easily? Thanks

Trick Pro V1 is the only one I can think of. Most doubles don't break down like that.

EDIT: oh, I just realized I misread the post. I thought he meant "breaks down into TWO single pedals". My bad. Yeah...almost every one does that.

Last edited:
Trick Pro V1 is the only one I can think of. Most doubles don't break down like that.

Yup, also the Trick Dominator. It comes as 2 separate pedals. I disconnected the slave from the master in about 5 seconds. After that, it took me 5 minutes to remove the pedal from the rug because of the velcro.

I broke my flying dragons down to two, was a breeze.

That was the reason I bought the pedal, I had 2 kicks at the time. What's also nice, is that the Dragons are 2 true singles, while the DW slave lacks one of the support posts. I have owned a bunch of the high end pedals (DW9000 and 8000, IC, Speed Cobra), and I prefer the Yammies. I own both the chain and direct drives.

I have a single pearl demon drive, might just get that in a double

The demon drives convert. You remove the entire beater arm on the master that is connected to the slave by the z link and move it to the slave. Screws are on the bottom of the pedal.

If you plan to buy a new one...make SURE you get a set that has the shortened screws that attach the direct link. These are the 2nd gen DD, the old gen has potential to scratch the cam of the slave when in double mode.

see this thread
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84135

The demon drives convert. You remove the entire beater arm on the master that is connected to the slave by the z link and move it to the slave. Screws are on the bottom of the pedal.

If you plan to buy a new one...make SURE you get a set that has the shortened screws that attach the direct link. These are the 2nd gen DD, the old gen has potential to scratch the cam of the slave when in double mode.

see this thread
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84135

Thanks for the info, my local music store is willing to let a DD double pedal go for $440

Thanks for the info, my local music store is willing to let a DD double pedal go for $440

Just make sure you get version 2s...or have the shop call pearl and get you the replacement parts. I'm still having difficulty with this because of my work schedule and pearl being on ET and me on PT.

Back