Since it's Flu season...

Oh Jeeze, please don't start with this nonsense again Uncle Larry. Please.

Maybe you're not a huge fan of his logic path, but at least he's thinking about it. Most idiots just eat or take whatever they're given or told.

None for me thanks, I usually don't get the flu and never get vaccinated against it. But then again when I was a kid I went outside and got exposed to the world, and was not encased in a glass house made of bleach and germX. People are so afraid of germs and stuff these days their immune systems don't get the chance to become badasses, thus they are always getting sick.

I'm at the tail end of the flu right now actually. I didn't get it at all last year.

Most people do not distinguish between flu and the common cold.

A cold can put you in bed. Flu can put you in the ground. More people died of the 1919 'flu epidemic than died in WWI. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

There is much that is wrong with "big pharma", but vaccination is one of the greatest achievements in public health.

Don't forget Vitamin C and your Omega 3s.

Yup!

And, keep your hands reasonably clean after forays out of the house and don't rub your eyes. Most adults don't generally lick shopping carts or door handles, and many aren't in the habit of sucking their fingers. I'd bet that more "ick" is spread among adults by rubbing their eyes than any other mode of transmission.

I didn't realize the can of worms this would open up, and since most of the posts have been negative reactions, let's close it.

No worries Jeremy.Just be informed ,and do research what you're putting into your body..from credible sources.I always try alternative methods first...in most cases.

I guess the point is ,just make an informed decision.When I worked NYPD Crime Scene,we all had to get the Hepatitis A and B vaccine.I really didn't need convincing,sinse my brother contracted it years before,by eating raw oysters.

He turned a wonderful shade of yellow,eye whites included,and was so out of it,he didn't know who I was....and nearly died.

Everybody's different,but if you're in a situation,where you're exposed more that others,then,you need to weigh the risk vs. rewards carefully.

Steve B

This^

No vaccines for me or mine. Don't ask why because I will start preaching.

Never had a flu shot and have never had the flu. Nutrition, exercise, natural supplements, clean water, sleep and great fun in bed = my vaccine.

p.s. I LOVE your preaching Larry :)

Last edited:
There's a term that's used to describe alternative medicine that actually works.

What is it again...oh yes...

"Medicine"

Never had a flu shot and have never had the flu. Nutrition, exercise, natural supplements, clean water, sleep and great fun in bed = my vaccine.

p.s. I LOVE your preaching Larry :)

Yea, but this topic is just too charged, too emotional. Best to steer clear. It's friggin tough though lol. Loved the book BTW, thanks for that.

There's a term that's used to describe alternative medicine that actually works.

What is it again...oh yes...

"Medicine"

LOL!!!

Yep, best steer clear of the evils of small pox, or polio or rubella vaccinations. A cleverly disguised government conspiracy aimed solely to keep us alive so that we can pay more taxes, I say.

It's the additives and preservatives that go into vaccines that are the real health assaults. The CDC readily admits that vaccines contain mercury, formaldehyde, aluminum, and thimerosal (which is almost 1/2 mercury). Would you eat these? Would you let your kids eat this stuff? Of course not. Why then are people lining up to be injected with them? What makes that OK? There is no safe dose of mercury or formaldehyde, it's all detrimental. That's a fact. Wake up!

Your body will never have a mercury or formaldehyde or Tamiflu deficiency.

Magnesium, certain vitamins and minerals, well yes.

p.s. Glad you liked the book Larry..

It's the additives and preservatives that go into vaccines that are the real health assaults. The CDC readily admits that vaccines contain mercury, formaldehyde, aluminum, and thimerosal (which is almost 1/2 mercury). Would you eat these? Would you let your kids eat this stuff? Of course not. Why then are people lining up to be injected with them? What makes that OK? There is no safe dose of mercury or formaldehyde, it's all detrimental. That's a fact. Wake up!

Several exceptionally small dose of a harmful chemical (and Larry, you do drink beer, don't you?) is nothing compared to catching a preventable disease like smallpox (eradicated by immunisation), measles (potentially deadly), Influenza (potentially deadly), polio (debilitating), rubella (potentially deadly), mumps (nasty as Hell - sometimes deadly) and countless others.

Also:

http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=10997

Also:

Because of a temporal correlation between the first notable signs and symptoms of autism and the routine childhood vaccination schedule, many parents have become increasingly concerned regarding the possible etiologic role vaccines may play in the development of autism. In particular, some have suggested an association between the Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccine and autism. Our literature review found very few studies supporting this theory, with the overwhelming majority showing no causal association between the Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccine and autism. The vaccine preservative thimerosal has alternatively been hypothesized to have a possible causal role in autism. Again, no convincing evidence was found to support this claim, nor for the use of chelation therapy in autism. With decreasing uptake of immunizations in children and the inevitable occurrence of measles outbreaks, it is important that clinicians be aware of the literature concerning vaccinations and autism so that they may have informed discussions with parents and caregivers.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17168158

Andrew Wakefield (who started a lot of this off) has been barred from practising medicine in the UK as a result of his claims - which have been demonstrated as false (and developed under vested interest) time and time again:

On 28 January 2010, a five-member statutory tribunal of the GMC found three dozen charges proved, including four counts of dishonesty and 12 counts involving the abuse of developmentally challenged children.[9] The panel ruled that Wakefield had "failed in his duties as a responsible consultant", acted both against the interests of his patients, and "dishonestly and irresponsibly" in his published research.[10][11][12] The Lancet immediately and fully retracted his 1998 publication on the basis of the GMC’s findings, noting that elements of the manuscript had been falsified.[13] Wakefield was struck off the Medical Register in May 2010, with a statement identifying dishonest falsification in The Lancet research,[14] and is barred from practising medicine in the UK.[15]

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

Yeah.

Uncle Larry, I love you man but I've got to stand up on this one. I'm not saying any more on the matter and will consider it closed.

Back