Saw a UFO at band practice tonight!

It's always about the anal probe. Why do aliens have such a burning obsession with our arses?

I'll point out that you're the one who added in the anal part of this. I could have been referencing the probing of any number of Larry's orifices.

No, seriously, we did! No doubt whatsoever in my mind. I've seen suspicious stuff before, & I know a fair bit about aircraft, judging heights, speeds, etc. This was different. Estimate the height to be 35,000ft plus. Speed = a factor of 10 x that achievable by a military aircraft. It had an outline, but couldn't really make out detail. Also had a slight orange glow to the rear - no sound. The thing that really did it for me, was a very sudden change of direction + rapid acceleration towards the end of it's visible flight. Without going into boring detail, I've crunched all possible variables (height vs. speed perception, etc), & can find no explanation for what I & two other band mates saw. Astonishing!

& no herbal cigarettes either!

I believe you can't explain it. But that doesn't mean it had to be an extraterrestrial race from thousands of light years away, which just happened to become sentient and develop interplanetary travel at the same billionth of an instant in time as us in the life of the universe.

On the other hand, people send up tens of thousands of things into the air every day, and even a few into space - jets, props, balloons, satellites, missiles, gliders, large, people and small stuff, on and on. All right here on our own planet.

There's a much better chance that humans are responsible for the thing you can't explain, as opposed to an extraterrestrial form of life, especially when we have absolutely no evidence of any kind that life exists anywhere else in the universe, or ever has.

We are the UFOs.

It does seem to be a rather odd thing to do after travelling a hundred thousand light years but ...

alien_sex_17.jpg

It does seem to be a rather odd thing to do after travelling a hundred thousand light years.

Come on now. Let's turn it around. I bet anything that if we ever find life out there, it will get probed within the first 3 encounters. We can't expect other forms of life to be any less probe happy than we are.

Not on earth, or anywhere near us, but yes. I don't think our circumstances are all that unique, in such a huge universe nor do I limit the thought patterns to only being "life" forms like us. It could quite literally get weirder than we could ever imagine.

The universe is huge, but time is much more vast. It could be that life forms pass each other in the night, separated by millions of years and millions of light years.

The universe is about 14 billion years old and the Earth, 4.5 billion years. Life on Earth: 3.6 billion years. Sentient live on Earth: Maybe 200,000. So, for the entire life of the universe, life has existed for less 25 one-hundredths of the time and sentient life for 14 millionths of the time. And I'm not even speculating whether interplanetary travel is possible, practical, useful or affordable. Entire species could evolve, do their thing and their solar systems crumble and the species, at the interplanetary traveling stage, might never get closer together than a million years.

The best we might do is discover that there is life on other planets, but it's millions or billions of years away from having sentient life, if ever. The closest thing life ever gets to interplanetary travel is on comets, carrying amino acid fragments and the seeds of life from one planet to the next.

We are really alone.

No, seriously, we did! No doubt whatsoever in my mind. I've seen suspicious stuff before, & I know a fair bit about aircraft, judging heights, speeds, etc. This was different. Estimate the height to be 35,000ft plus. Speed = a factor of 10 x that achievable by a military aircraft. It had an outline, but couldn't really make out detail. Also had a slight orange glow to the rear - no sound. The thing that really did it for me, was a very sudden change of direction + rapid acceleration towards the end of it's visible flight. Without going into boring detail, I've crunched all possible variables (height vs. speed perception, etc), & can find no explanation for what I & two other band mates saw. Astonishing!

No. What you saw was the planet Venus.

Sorry mate, but without pictures it just didn't happen.

Pity none of you follow the astronomical news. It's a comet. It will become brighter than the moon shortly and then it will disappear into the unknown. Give it a wave as it goes past, it may be driven by Little Green Men.

Pity none of you follow the astronomical news. It's a comet. It will become brighter than the moon shortly and then it will disappear into the unknown. Give it a wave as it goes past, it may be driven by Little Green Men.

But comets don't rapidly accelerate and change direction, do they?

Nup, I'm not buyin' it. It has to be anal probing little green men on their way to steal our earth women while they're sleeping.

Totally believe you Andy... :)

I hope you don't mind me relating my experience?

I'm not a believer in all things paranormal or anything, quite the opposite, a determined cynic and rationalist usually.

But... I've had two such encounters in my life. I'm not saying anything about aliens, but they were unidentified and flying which in my book (like Andy's encounter), makes them UFOs until I have a realistic and plausible explanation.

The last was 20 years ago when my wife and I were in Brecon, Wales. Walking back to our B&B from an anniversary dinner late one night (around 23:30). We saw twelve lights in the sky (red and white) a long way away (possibly in the direction of the Bristol Channel), and totally silent. We watched them for about 8 to 10 minutes as they moved in and out, pulsed a little and usually made symmetrical patterns in the sky; fairly closely grouped. But before anyone suggests weather balloons, flares or Chinese lanterns, when they finished their 'display' they raced off across the sky in a couple of seconds. They were certainly faster than would be possible by any aircraft I know; and like Andy I'm an experienced observer.

To say we were totally gob-smaked would be an understatement. We still remember it well and discuss it occasionally to this day whenever the UFO topic comes up.

Well guys, I was fully aware that you'd all have a bit of fun with this, & why not, I would. Bring on the fun I say! :) :) :) I'm not suggesting that said object was from another world, but it's abilities were way beyond anything even the most informed observer would be aware of. This was not a product of reflection, or the reaction of some sort of gas, or a celestial body, or aurora borealis. There was no "streak of light" aspect to it whatsoever.

But comets don't rapidly accelerate and change direction, do they?
Exactly, plus the speed of this thing was way beyond (like a factor of x 10 beyond) anything I know about. If it was manned, the "pilot" would be dead after that change of direction.

The last was 20 years ago when my wife and I were in Brecon, Wales.
Coincidentally, we weren't too far away from that location. I'm very used to seeing weird stuff here. Not only is my location super dark at night (close to zero light overspill), we're also fairly elevated with a near 360 degree horizon view. This is the home of the UK special forces. They have seven facilities surrounding us. The main base (which is huge) at Credenhill, + all manner of communication bases (big illuminated towers & stuff), + two facilities in the Brecon beacons. I'm very familiar with how military aircraft operate locally, & I'm very used to seeing them in relation to our local topography. What we saw, was on a whole different level of ability, & "flying" much much higher. I still think my (admittedly very rough) estimate of height & speed is ultra conservative. The object was in our view for no more than 5 seconds.

I fully subscribe to the possibility that we saw something constructed on this planet. If there's an area to test such a thing in the UK, it's here. If someone else wants to see what the UK is up to, it's here. I don't make any representations to it's origin, but it's abilities were so far beyond any technology I can conceive of, it begs the question. That instant turn it made tells me that this device didn't have wings, so let's treat that as a starting point :)

I don't know what Andy saw but in general, I'll go on the record as saying I believe there is intelligent life somewhere other than here. I don't believe for a second that it's only us. It's way too big for us to understand. Do I think the intelligent life looks in any way shape or form like us? No. We draw these figures based on our point of references - heads, eyes, arms, legs, etc.... And then we make them 'green'.... Common - really? That's for the movies and books.

Funny how we still use the term "little green men". Apparently before the book/ movie "Communion" came out, aliens were described by supposed abuctees as being every colour of the spectrum and a multitude of different body shapes.
After the book came out most accounts then stated them as being the now classic bulbous black eyes and pale skin (probably the first image to come into people's minds when discussing aliens these days).

Any chance it was a drone? Being serious for a minute. If you are near an SF compound, maybe they were practicing.

Any chance it was a drone? Being serious for a minute. If you are near an SF compound, maybe they were practicing.
No chance. A magnitude of 10 x plus the speed of any drone, & the ability to change direction instantly. It was my first thought, plus the "glow" from the rear was unlike any jet exhaust I know of.

I swear I witnessed a UFO back in '76 one fall evening. I believe!

I think aliens prefer North Drums as well. They're probably the ones buying them up on ebay.

I live out in Vegas not far from the Air Force base and I've seen some pretty damn strange things out here in the night sky before. Last time was about 2 weeks ago. Floating lights very low in the sky making NO noise and making some strange manuevers. I'm sure it was something out of the local Air Force base. This was right above a neighborhood very close to mine.

Back