Japan's Earthquake

Status
Not open for further replies.
This on top of the Queensland floods, Christchurch earthquakes and the civil war in Libya (remember them?). 2011 has been a freakout year for an awful lot of people ...

Put it this way; I think the forgein office has been advising a lot of people against "all but essential travel" this year...

Wow, really no other problems as delivery time shortage of Yamaha Drums in these historic moments? Hopefully they are not too much contaminated when arriving then.

B.
Yes, to be honest, that was my first thought too.

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, Jeremy, but imagine a Japanese browsing the forum,
sees the one and first (?) thread on the catastrophy in his country, and then realizes it's
"only" about the production of a drum brand.

So really, what do we care about drums in a situation like that!!

honestly, its been a really sad and selfish approach
how can you write such thing: the availability of yamaha drums, without, before, having, the decency of at least writing: from deepest within of my heart, i feel the pain from those who lost their families.

Personally, I think the more depressing thing is that if the earthquake didn't effect us in anyway, we really don't care. If you think about it, people watch the news at dinner time and see that. They say "Oh my god that's horrible." Go back to eating, once the news is over, they do what ever they are going to do and forget about it.

honestly, its been a really sad and selfish approach
how can you write such thing: the availability of yamaha drums, without, before, having, the decency of at least writing: from deepest within of my heart, i feel the pain from those who lost their families.

Well because my post was about a major manufacturer from that country that employs thousands of workers who are affected by this disaster. Not to mention the fact that its one of the largest suppliers of musical instruments on the planet.

I am sure they have a solid business plan and contingencies in place for such a disruption of production, I'm just not sure how that will affect suppliers of these instruments (who also rely on sales for their own living).
I don't feel "selfish" asking about the future availability of drums because that in itself will be a barometer of just how this disaster has affected the individuals involved.

PS If you would like to converse further, please PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back