Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

how long been playing: Officially about a month. I tried in 6th grade band...Fail.
origin of user name: Throwing random words I liked together
top 5 drummers: hmm...none in particular to name though the old school jazz drummers sort of amaze me...
make of drumkit: Ddrum beginner set
make of cymbal: stock cymbals till I gather some cash for some real ones ha
where do you practice: My spare room
are you in a band/s: Not technically though there are people waiting for me to learn haha

covers or originals: Both, sure.
what style of music: I'd eventually like to play some simple '77 punk style drums as well as some crazy metal and possibly some sludged out doom stuff.

favourite take out food: Weird. Um, Del Taco I guess.

how did you start drumming: I've wanted to drum since I was a little kid. I joined the school band in sixth grade but I was super shy and the band teacher insisted on doing boys and against girls all the time and as the only girl drummer that made me feel to on the spot...so I dropped it. I'd been waiting till I had space for a drumset all this time since and finally got it, got my set a month ago, 11 or so years later, and now here I am...

Giuliano Kolling
33 years Old
About 15 Years
Use my first name
There are so many,but here is a few:Kiko Freitas,Gavin Harrison,Vinnie Colaiuta,Virgil DonatiThomas Pridgen,
Premier Signia Marquis
Zildjian,Sabian and Agean Cymbals
At home and work(when is possible)
Yeah,we call Escuderia
Both covers and originals
MetalCore,Progressive Metal,Gospel,Brazilian Jazz
Pizza and Chinese food
Brazil
I started when i was 19 years old,my friend use to play guitar at that time and a little bit of drums,then he tauched me some grooves,i liked it and started to play the drums!

how long been playing: 36 years with a 20 year break in between.
origin of user name: It ties in a couple of aspects of me and what I do.
top 5 drummers: John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Ginger Baker, Donnie Brewer, Steve Gadd.
make of drumkit: Ludwig
make of cymbal: Zildjian, Stagg, Wuhan.
where do you practice: Basement studio
are you in a band/s: Not at the moment
covers or originals: Covers
what style of music: Rock mostly
favourite take out food: Pizza
one really odd fact about yourself: I work in two completely unrelated fields. (not including drumming)
how did you start drumming: Got my first snare drum at 9 years old. Played ever since.

real name - Shane
age - 36
how long been playing - 20 years
origin of user name - old radio DJ name
top 5 drummers - Weckl, Steve Smith, Stanton Moore, Benny Greb, El Negro
make of drumkit - Yamaha MCAN, Pearl VSX
make of cymbal - Zildjian, Sabian, Wuhan mix
are you in a band/s - 1 folk rock, 1 dance stuff, 1 jazz
covers or originals - both
country - USA
how did you start drumming - braces made me quit trumpet

My new blog about groove

I'm trying to start a blog and to continue to put up blog posts for students to check out, or to entice new students to sign up.

I made (what I feel is a pretty good first post about groove), although I could stew over it for days picking up bits and pieces (like I normally would), I feel the time spent making it better is just getting exponentially large for the reward.

Please check it out and let me know what you think from a drummers perspective, and educators, a business persons, and so on cheers.

http://www.mattsdrumlessons.com.au/

Last edited:
Re: My new blog about groove

I like this, too. In which country are you? I would have said "what country are you in", but a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with.

The site looks good, but the blog section at the bottom was displaying oddly. It left some artifacts when I scrolled, and I couldn't see any of the sidebar. I attached a screenshot of what it looked like to me.

Screen shot 2011-02-03 at 12.15.03 PM.png

Yep I noticed that too at times. I couldn't replicate it this morning though. Now that I have a blog, and new content I'll be redesigning my website.

If any one wants, subscribe to my blog, and you will see any new content... For most people here I'm sure its similar stuff to that which you already know. I'll be putting a mix between beginner topics and advanced stuff (more specifcally based around what I know; blues, roots drumming).

Any comments on the content of the blog itself would be great, and any advice from people with suggestions on how to do this better is appreciated.

Haha, "a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with." I'm sure you realize this and were making a joke, but "with" is a preposition :D

I guess it loses something if you have to explaine the jokes.

My introduction

Hi, I am Tony. I have been playing for about 5 - 6 years now, and I am 14. I don't think I'm that good but my friends think otherwise haha. Anyway, I will start recording some material here soon [once I get a camera, that is] and post it and you can give me some feedback! Glad to be here.

Tony

Real Name - Dennis
Age - 39
Been playing - 25 years
Origin of user name - old stage persona
Top 5 drummers - Carmine Appice, Mike Portnoy, Rick Allen, Scott Rockenfield, Jason Bonham
Make of Drumkit - Sonor Force 2007
Make of Cymbal - All Sabians w/20" Wuhan china
Are you in a band/s - 2 rock bands: Fifth O' Whiskey and FourFit
Covers or Originals - FourFit does on;y covers, Whiskey does both
Country - Nova Scotia, Canada
How did you start drumming - for the girls, man! What else!!?

Collin
16 years old
funk.hard bop, grindcore, and various types of ska and punk drums
im absolutely positively in love with Meinl, as in you can physically see my heart trying to beat out of my chest when i think about anything even slightly related to anything Meinl. And sabian is nice too.

How long been playing: 1 yr; just snare/hi-hat/ride for small jazz gigs along with singing. Keen to expand the kit, though.
Origin of user name: Google it, you'll see...
Top 5 drummers: I'm familiar with Jeff Hamilton, Elvin Jones, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa & Max Roach by name, but I'm sure that list will change as I learn more.
Make of drumkit: Canora snare (Pearl-made from the 60's)
Make of cymbal: Sabian hi-hats & ride
Where do you practice: Apartment (& on-gig!)
Are you in a band/s: Yes
Covers or originals: Standards
What style of music: Jazz
Favourite take out food: Anything paid for by someone else
One really odd fact about yourself: I hear roughly a semitone lower in my right ear compared to my left (can generally average it out by concentrating, though)
How did you start drumming: Thought I'd give the brushes a go when singing with the trio for a friend's party; enjoyed it so much, I kept it up. Occasionally use it on small gigs if requested but not always and will generally use a *real* drummer on more important/bigger gigs.

Hi all, I'm Sam and I've been playing drums about 9 years. I'm 20 years old and play in a local death metal band called Atrophia. I play Pearl drums with Sabian cymbals.

real name? It's not important :p
age? 21
how long been playing? +/- 1 year with a big break during summer :(
origin of user name? It's my name, germanised
top 5 drummers? Gavin Harrison, Dino campanella,Neal Morse, and some others.
make of drumkit? I have no own stuff
make of cymbal?
where do you practice? At practise rooms at my university's culture centre
are you in a band/s? Yes!
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Pop mainly now, would like to go toward something instrumental/experimental/progressive rock/ambientish
favourite take out food? Wok
country? The Netherlands
one really odd fact about yourself? Too much odd facts to just pick one out
how did you start drumming? I started drumming when I regularly visited the practise room of the band of my ex, and it always got so cold there, and I needed to warm up. So my ex suggested I should try drumming to warm up a bit. And I have liked it ever since!

real name? - Griffin.
age? - 15.
how long been playing? - About 8 years.
origin of user name? - My first name and my last name initial.
top 5 drummers? - Neil Peart, Navene Koperweis, Dan Carle, Matt Greiner, Chase Ward(Local drummer and friend.)
make of drumkit? - Pearl.
make of cymbal? - Paiste, Sabian, and Zildjian.
where do you practice? - My drum room/shed.
are you in a band/s? - I used to be in several bands, but I've given that up for now.
covers or originals? - Originals.
what style of music? - Anything from Deathcore to Smooth Jazz. I listen to and play everything.
favourite take out food? - Mexican.
country? - USA.
one really odd fact about yourself? -
how did you start drumming? - I watched the video for "Hey Yah" by Outkast when I was about 7 and told myself that it was the coolest thing ever.

Real name? - Joey
Age? - 15.
How long been playing? - About 2 years.
Origin of user name? - My first name, and my favorite bands numbers.
Top 5? - Atom Willard, Travis Barker, Cobus Potgieter, Aaron Gillespie, Carter Beauford
Make of drum kit? - Gretsch.
Make of cymbal? - Zildjian.
Where do you practice? - My drum studio.
Are you in a band/s? - Yes.
Covers or originals? - Covers, but originals coming soon!
What style of music? - Rock, Punk, Pop/Punk, Dubstep, Some Screamo.
Favorite take out food? - Chinese.
Country? - USA.
One really odd fact about yourself? - I will give you 100$ for me to play the drums for 2 weeks! My most favorite thing in the world.
How did you start drumming? - I watched a cover by Cobus Potgieter, and immediately bought a set.

Last edited:

real name Ravnit kang
how long been playing: 1 yr
origin of user name: I am a lazy person
top 5 drummers: bill ward, joey jordison,shannon larkin,chris adler,virendra kainth(india)
make of drumkit :BASIX Classic plus
make of cymbal: paiste
where do you practice: my room
are you in a band/s: no
covers or originals: covers as of yet
what style of music:beginner stuff( no particular genre)
favourite take out food:sandwiches
one really odd fact about yourself : too skinny to be a drummer
how did you start drumming: i always liked the beats of drums and getting in college began it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back