Tama Warlord Masai Kit. Thats right, Kit. Not just snare :)

Hey mate, sorry if i'm hearing this wrong but it sounds like you're being a bit ungrateful to your step dad here, i mean surely the most you can ask of anyone is to put up with the racket? You're very lucky to have got all this stuff on top of what you had already, i mean hell my friend got little better than a CD for christmas one year.

Oops I didn't mean to be like that at all, actually the ride was from both of them. Nah, I've grown to love my step dad. I'm sure (since he's the one who brings home the bacon [mmmm..... bacon]) that he's the one who actually paid for it, but that's not what's important. What's important is that I have been blessed to have 2 sets of very supportive parents!

-Jonathan

Oops I didn't mean to be like that at all, actually the ride was from both of them. Nah, I've grown to love my step dad. I'm sure (since he's the one who brings home the bacon [mmmm..... bacon]) that he's the one who actually paid for it, but that's not what's important. What's important is that I have been blessed to have 2 sets of very supportive parents!

-Jonathan

Yeah that's good stuff although it does seem a bit of a shame about the state of affairs in terms of divorce these days.

Jesus christ and all I got for christmas was two shirts, shoes, and some pants. I guess this economy isn't screwing everybody lol.

Nice set-up though dude, Warlords are sick. I bet you can get a groove on those things and love it.

It's hard to not practice to be honest, due to my very flexible school schedule, i'm able to practice 4-6 hours a day. So yeah that's (hopefully) in the realm of possibility.
So, when do you work?

Nice kit and awesome playing, big mars-volta and at the drive-in fan too.
Just the bubinga wood with the name "warlord" on it is a bit cynical...

So, when do you work?

Nice kit and awesome playing, big mars-volta and at the drive-in fan too.
Just the bubinga wood with the name "warlord" on it is a bit cynical...

I work (if you can call it that) as the house drummer at a local new thought church. And since their able to pay me I'm able to stay afloat (due to my lack of expenses). And so I only have go to "work" on Sunday mornings and a rehearsal on Thursdays.

An added perk is that my Dad is the bass player there so we get to jam together a lot!

-Jonathan

Man killer kit, I have always loved Tama. I had a Starclassic years ago but had to sell it as I moved to Aus. I have a Pearl Masterworks these days but miss Tama

Great playing on the youtube vids mate, great left hand shuffles etc.......

New Pearl double pedals look great........

Tama are the one...........

You really have a great kit on your hands there...it sure must be hard being blessed with such gear, but I am glad to see that you are taking it so well!!!! LOL, seriously that is a lovely piece of art you are playing on and you do pretty dang good at that...keep up the good work!

Re: bump

Browsing through my computer this morning and I found a sweet picture from when my kit was at it's biggest!! Pics below/
Specs are:
-22x18" Bass Drum
-14x6" Snare Drum
-14x5.5" Sonor Birch Snare Drum (Tuned hella-low)
-8x7" Tom
-10x8" Tom
-12x9" Tom
-14x12" Floor Tom
-16x14" Floor Tom
-Octobans (High pitched)
-Roland 105BK 10" Pad (Set as 10" snare or Timbale)

-Jonathan

Attachments

• Tama Warlord DW 29.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 29.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 4,295
Where is the rest of the kit. :) I really liked that kit when it came out. The lugs must be a pain to keep clean though. Very nice.

Amazing kit, just plain amazing. I've been looking at those pictures for like ten minutes now (seriously). Congrats.

Oh, and in the last pic I see you have a K Custom resting on the floor.. it looks like it's bothering and taking space.. mmm.. no... ugly, ugly.. you may even trip over it and fall.. mmm.. :/

You know what? Don't worry, I'll take it. Check your mailbox, I'm sending you the money for shipment.

LOL :)

Cheers.

Where is the rest of the kit. :) I really liked that kit when it came out. The lugs must be a pain to keep clean though. Very nice.
I realize it's a bit small by your standards but there she be in her glory. Lots more pics on page 1. The lugs aren't bad, a feather duster can get in there pretty well so it's all good.
Amazing kit, just plain amazing. I've been looking at those pictures for like ten minutes now (seriously). Congrats.

Oh, and in the last pic I see you have a K Custom resting on the floor.. it looks like it's bothering and taking space.. mmm.. no... ugly, ugly.. you may even trip over it and fall.. mmm.. :/

You know what? Don't worry, I'll take it. Check your mailbox, I'm sending you the money for shipment.

LOL :)

Cheers.
Well I should warn you there's about a 3 inch crack in it... but other than that its in good shape. lol!

-Jonathan

AWESOME looking kit!
Literally the same cymbal set up as mine (only I'm using XS20's and Agean cymbals, but the Zildjians are exact!)

Your YouTube videos are also incredible!
The kit I got when I was 15 (which I am right now) was my 8 piece Meridian Maple! LOVE IT! Though I did have enough money for a Tama B/B but I wanted to buy other stuff too :)

That's a killer kit and it sounds awesome!

Congrats man!

Wow, to have a kit of that calibre at 17 is exceptional. Your Dad is a bass player and your Step Dad owns the Oil Sand project? lol just kidding, you lucky guy, here is what I had at 17

19tsh0.jpg

Cool kit. I wish I could be the kind of Dad to my daughter that you have. I just can't get her to get "into" it. She's only 8, so I still have some time, but I'll happily do for my kid what your family is doing for you if I get the chance. I'm anticipating it.

Back