Elbow damage

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
I decided it would be a good idea to tear the tricep muscle where it attaches near my left elbow. Very painful. It comes with old age. However I am being issued one of these H Wave machines for home use and wondered if anyone has ever used one. I tried to get them to give me a Korg Wave machine but no go.

http://www.h-wave.com/instrument.html

Cripes, Johnny, what'd you go and do that for?!

I don't know about the H-Wave machine. I've had ultra-sound in physical therapy, but not ultra LOW sound. Looks as if the principle is similar with either method.

I can't say that I've noticed the ultra-sound helps a lot, but it is impossible to do a real A/B comparison on the same injury, so who's to say?

In any case, hope you heal up quickly!

Actually not like tennis elbow from my inderstanding. I tore the tricep muscle, back of the upper arm, from the elbow. It is all but healed, just twice a day treatments with the H-Wave machine. This is electrical stimulation. I was mainly concerned with anyone elses use of said machine, but I have one on loan to me from the good folks at the Hospitals company care unit, paid for by Workers Compensation.

As for 10K posts it's only a time thing. I only hope that at least half have been useful. Cheers.

Yea John how did you do it? (It doesn't have to be true, just entertaining)

I work at a hospital, in the supply section and was moving a few totes. I pulled on one and felt a pop. It went away, so I ignored it then the next day It felt like it was on fire. Just a freak accident coupled with old age. Some therapy this week and the electro treatments and all should be fine.

Story two. I was hang gliding, over the white cliffs of Dover when a Canadian goose made a right hand turn into me with no signal. His large beak, smacked my left elbow causing me to drift off course, landing in North Africa.

Last edited:
Ouch, man, that sounds like a lot of pain. i wish you a quick recovery, and take it easy once you start drumming again. Take care!

Cheers.

Those Canadian geeses are becoming a real problem.

Thanks Sir. I go back to the Company Care office tomorrow, Monday and hopefully they will release me back to work. I feel fine and theH Wave, electric impulse machine seems to have done its job.

The 'pop' makes it sound like an Achilles tendon tear which is painful as hell.. Get well soon GD

Only just picked this up John. Sorry to hear that mate. I had a similar thing happen to me a few eons back, but my muscle almost completely detached & required surgery. Hope you're back at it soon.

Well our Company Care folks have released me back to work. Healed pretty quick for an old buzzard. Thanks to some good PT and the use of the H-Wave machine I'm doing great. I just have to be cautious on tugging heavy things for a while. Thanks for the wishes. Drum on mates.

Well our Company Care folks have released me back to work. .... I just have to be cautious on tugging heavy things for a while.
Glad you mended so quickly .... take it a little easier, on the "tugging" .... leave that for the younger, stronger.

There are four people in my department that deliver a lot of medical supplies every day aged, 43, 62, 62, and me 63.....Woooooow that's a lot of experience. My first injury in 11 years.

Back