Opinions wanted

Alex, that was some great drumming.

What sticks are you using..................they look looooong

You have great flow- a little cymbal (crash) heavy on the song for me but never hear the original. Great playing though.

Alex, that was some great drumming.

What sticks are you using..................they look looooong

Thank you! They are Vic Firths American Rock sticks. I use to play 2B a lot when I was younger but these feel great too. I love the length. :)

You have great flow- a little cymbal (crash) heavy on the song for me but never hear the original. Great playing though.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your feedback. If you're referring to the guitar solo section, the original track also had those crashes but I was on the fence about it. Although I admit, I do like my crash a lot!

Well that was pretty fine! Great & tight playing, looked very relaxed.
I also liked that you didn't overdo stick tricks and general 'stage acting'.
I can live with that hat but personally don't care for clothing.
(And never liked sunglasses - if any, they were invented to serve a purpose, not to look cool, right? - just my opinion...)
As this is personal some like it, others don't. But we're talking drums...
Kudos! The editing was fine, too. Made quite professionally.

Peanuts I have not. [*Yoda voice, haha*]

nice drumming, tight, good drum sound, those evans can do hell of a job ;)what program have you been using for creating the credits? looks awesome!

I have been using Adobe After Effects to make those graphics. Hard program in the learning stage but immensely powerful in graphics design.

... I don't like the hat you're wearing.

Except from that silly hat, it's an awesome video and the playing is top notch.

Haha thank you very much! I appreciate that, I may have to retire the hat if its going to continue to have bad reviews. It does however serve a purpose, I am trying to grow my hair a little longer.

Well that was pretty fine! Great & tight playing, looked very relaxed.
I also liked that you didn't overdo stick tricks and general 'stage acting'.
I can live with that hat but personally don't care for clothing.
(And never liked sunglasses - if any, they were invented to serve a purpose, not to look cool, right? - just my opinion...)
As this is personal some like it, others don't. But we're talking drums...
Kudos! The editing was fine, too. Made quite professionally.

Peanuts I have not. [*Yoda voice, haha*]
Thank you, I really appreciate your feedback immensely!
I completely agree with your statement about the glasses, however they do serve a purpose. The lights that I use are incredibly bright and powerful while shooting and I want to reduce any possibility of eye damage because of their strength. Theyre the same lights painters use, many thousand watts.

Nice playing, spot on. Crash heavy but that is personal preference.
Thank you, you're not the only one with this opinion (On this thread even) so I will strongly consider changing that in the future. I really appreciate it!

Thank you all very much, all this feedback motivating me create more videos in the near future. This is my first time on the forum section of drummerworld and I must say, I really appreciate the warm welcome.

FIrst thing I would do before changing my playing would be to get a better mic of some sort because I think the video could have sounded better (not the playing-the recording). Probably wouldnt have been the crash comments if the mix was more balanced (maybe?).

Nice work though.

I liked it all. Hat, shades, and especially the drumming. Good job! I have heard better recordings, but I don't expect everyone to have the best equipment money can buy. So it's cool.

Back