Budget Electronic Drums

ross24

Basically I have an acoustic set, which I love and have no reason to get rid of, but there's no way I can play it in my Apartment at school. So I'm looking for a decent electronic kit under 300 i would say, the cheaper the better, just to play around on and play with friends. Anyone have experience with a similar situation?

thanks

Anyone have experience with a similar situation?

Yes - I'm in it. My budget is a little more forgiving than yours but, yeah, I'm in a position where housing arrangements are not enough to let me play my acoustic kit much. My recommendations are that you take a look at the Techtonic DD512, Alesis DM7 (USB) and Alesis DM6 kits. I know you said 'the cheaper the better', but if you go with that ethos and get one for less than three hundred (pounds, I assume) you're running a risk of getting a horrible duffer. Although not perfect, the ones I've linked above have a somewhat better reputation.

You're gonna have a hard time finding something decent for under $300...and I would stay away from the brands mentioned so far...your best bet (if you want new) is to get a Yamaha DTXplorer..it will set you back $599, but in that price range there is nothing better...

Last edited:
You're gonna have a hard time finding something decent for under $300...and I would stay away from the brands mentioned so far...your best bet (if you want new) is to get a Yamaha DTXplorer..it will set you back $599, but in that price range there is nothing better...

Would you recommend the Roland TD4K or TD4KX?

You're gonna somebody a granitic period find something decent for low $300...and I would fill inaccurate from the brands mentioned so far...your unsurpassable bet (if you essential new) is to get a Yamaha DTXplorer..it gift set you wager $599, but in that damage potentiality there is zilch meliorate...

On craigslist, used i can get an Alesis Dm5 for 400, simmons SD7K for 365, a Sound X SMI-1458 for 300 or Roland TD-7 Turbo for 300. Any of these kits worth my time?

Last edited:
I bought a low end Simmons kit and couldn't deal with it so sent it back and got a Yamaha DTXplorer like the post before mentioned and I have to say I'm perfectly happy with it as far as budget kits go...

The only thing that's missing is the mesh heads and the thousands upon thousands of sounds... but they do have all the styles along with backing tracks and customizable sets and I can't play fast enough for the triggers to miss a hit.

But for under $300 maybe you want a practice pad drum set?

Your budget is going to be an issue, but if you can stretch a bit further, I would recommend the Traps E500. In comparison to the competition it is a lot better made, feels a lot more realistic and is fully portable if you get it with the set of bags.

It's got full mesh heads which you won't find on kits in that price range and a metal rack/hardware system.

Back