What color Reso Head??

piperdoog

Silver Member
Hey silly question, what color of reso head would you choose for my S Classix kit, I've had the black for awhile now and it works fine and all, just wanted some drummers advice if I should switch it up to say a white or a fiberskyn?
Or stick with the black?
Here's a shot with the black...
Thanks, and I know silly but, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_6744.jpg
    IMG_6744.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_6743.jpg
    IMG_6743.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 755
My Gretsch Renown are dark red and came with a black reso, but I recently changed it to a white one and feel it looks a lot better. Your drums are white and I'm just rying to visualize white. At one point in time all heads were white or fleshy colored, then white came along. I would try white.

your drums are white with crome hardware , so I think that a white reso with "sonor" written in silver/crome wolud look amazing,

your drums are white with crome hardware , so I think that a white reso with "sonor" written in silver/crome wolud look amazing,

Hey guys thanks ya thinking I'll get that PS3 in smooth white with the smaller Sonor logo.
Thanks. Just when you think your done buying drum stuff huh, something else always comes up.....

White reso's are just so classy! I'd say either white or fiberskyn heads. The more I think about it tho, the more the fiberskyn sounds awesome!

Got the smooth white PS3 ordered, I'll get some pics to show and see the difference soon. Thanks for all the advice lads..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!......jk.

I think Fibreskin with chrome or black Sonor logo is an epic win with that particular finish.

White will be classy but a little boring IMHO.

The killer thing to do would be to go with a mirror/chrome head and black logo.

Hey, maybe you could price the latter for my Sonor and tell me how much. :)

Wow, what a nice vintage looking kit - so for me: white.

The white head is not nicer then, but the drums themself will look more classic - greeting from Buddy Rich or Gene Krupa.

Bernhard

Thanks lads,
I've got the PS3 coming, going with the smaller Sonor logo and porting it.
Good advice all round though.
Cheers

I just ordered a smooth white PS3 to be used as a reso for my WMP Luddies. My local shop didn't have the one without a pinstripe in stock, so they ordered it. I'm having the Ludwig logo added as well as a shield with my initials. Always wanted to have one of those!

Old Skool Evans Hydraulic BLUE!
GASP!! You dare recommend one of... those?!? Oil-filled head on such a fine instrument? For shame! :)

(Blue would look cool, I'll give you that)

Good choice on the smooth white. I just put one on my new bass drum. I thought about coated but worried that it would show the dirt too much.

GASP!! You dare recommend one of... those?!? Oil-filled head on such a fine instrument? For shame! :)

(Blue would look cool, I'll give you that)

Good choice on the smooth white. I just put one on my new bass drum. I thought about coated but worried that it would show the dirt too much.

Yeah i was thinking the coated as well but I have kids and I notice the black one every once in a while with a smear mark or something, so the smooth white I think is a good choice.

Back