Funk grooves?

Olli90

I have to do a speech in my music class next week. My theme is funk. I have lots of material for the history, but I also have to play some tunes. Could you recommend me some funk grooves, or songs?
Are there some very important tracks/ grooves you have to know? And which are the most important fubk players/bands?

They are all right here on DRUMMERWORLD............look em up.

Look up mp3s by Stubblefield, David Garibaldi, Mike Clark,Keith Carlock... tons of stuff right here.

Anything by James Brown, Meters, Tower of Power, Ohio Players, Average White Band, Isley Bros., Earth Wind & Fire is classic.

Prince, Screaming Headless Torsos, Adam Dietch, is some of the newer stuff

Last edited:
The are all right here on DRUMMERWORLD............look em up.

Look up mp3s by Stubblefield, David Garibaldi, Mike Clark,Keith Carlock... tons of stuff right here.

Anything by James Brown, Meters, Tower of Power, Ohio Players, Average White Band, Isley Bros., Earth Wind & Fire is classic.

Prince, Screaming Headless Torsos, Adam Dietch, is some of the newer stuff

aydee's pretty much got it covered. if you've got the chops i'd recommend soul vaccination since its an awesome groove

aydee's pretty much got it covered. if you've got the chops i'd recommend soul vaccination since its an awesome groove

Hey Gust, I know you're getting into funk so check out Dennis Chamber's Fatback groove on his page. ( originally a Stubblefield groove ). The groove, the transcription, and Dennis breaking it down and explaining how to play it.........its all here.

I think you'll enjoy it.

Hey Gust, I know you're getting into funk so check out Dennis Chamber's Fatback groove on his page. ( originally a Stubblefield groove ). The groove, the transcription, and Dennis breaking it down and explaining how to play it.........its all here.

I think you'll enjoy it.

you know, i was thinking about learning it, but i actually will now. im going to go watch the vid (and the other two, DC is such an amazing player).

Back