The Stooges and still no Rush.....Really???

I've been to the hall of fame twice... and i like the memorabilia. But you know, the 'hall of fame' aspect does not seem to make any sense. There's plenty of great artists not in there, and plenty of artist that don't deserve to be there, you know, cause some are bad, and some aren't rock ROCK! But the stooges should be in there, their first album is great. Just wait until a death metal band gets in.....

I think Rush will eventually get in. I think every band or person that was ever famous at all will get in. Do they still have that drum stick collection there? That was cool.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame was est. in 1986 and didn't. induct Led-Zeppelin until 1995 & Black Sabbath in 2006.

You're only eligible to be nominated 25 or more years after your first album was released. The first Led Zep album was 1969. Add 25 and that's 1994, thus making '95 the first year they could really get in (depending on what time of year they do this thing).

LOL - enough said. The committee or person that runs the RRHF is an embarassing joke to all musicians and I seriously doubt they are musicians themselves - probably just self proclaimed "artists" who study the pop charts and memorize old issues of Rolling Stone and Circus.

I loled because one guy is a sometimes editor of the Rolling Stones and another complains about them not being a "big enough name", ie pop.

Nat King Cole ... Miles Davis ... Louis Armstrong ... Bob Marley ... Joni Mitchell ... Dusty Springfield ... ABBA ... James Taylor ... great artists but they ain't rawk n roll!

They do have a category for musicians who're not rock'n'roll but do work in genres that led up to rock, such as the blues. Most of the artists that were inducted through that category did most, if not all, of their work before rock kicked off in the 60s.

I still think the RnR Hall of Fame (or any "Hall of Fame") is a self-adulating stroke of arrogance to fulfill the need to be "accepted and/or recognized"; Also known as an "ego trip". Just like any award... Hypothetically, I would care less if I had gotten into the Hall of Fame, so long as my bandmates are cool, my family's proud and my friends and fans enjoy.

You're only eligible to be nominated 25 or more years after your first album was released. The first Led Zep album was 1969. Add 25 and that's 1994, thus making '95 the first year they could really get in (depending on what time of year they do this thing).

I loled because one guy is a sometimes editor of the Rolling Stones and another complains about them not being a "big enough name", ie pop.

They do have a category for musicians who're not rock'n'roll but do work in genres that led up to rock, such as the blues. Most of the artists that were inducted through that category did most, if not all, of their work before rock kicked off in the 60s.

I still think the RnR Hall of Fame (or any "Hall of Fame") is a self-adulating stroke of arrogance to fulfill the need to be "accepted and/or recognized"; Also known as an "ego trip". Just like any award... Hypothetically, I would care less if I had gotten into the Hall of Fame, so long as my bandmates are cool, my family's proud and my friends and fans enjoy.

You know, Moldy...I can't disagree with you at all. Great points all around. Well said!

You are correct sir, I missed that fine little guideline LOL I'm still stumped about "The Moonglows" LMAO

Bonzolead

Back