Bands or acts you regret missing before they passed away

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
Well I have to say there are a few shows I really wish I had seen.

In no particular order:

• SRV
  • TOTO - With Jeff
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Queen
  • The Who - With Keith

The only time I really felt bad for not having seen someone before they died was Elvin Jones. I remember feeling really bad at the time of his death because I was going through a period of intense Elvin envy and I had even decided to try and find a way to make it to one of his performances. I got slightly choked up the day he died. Just for a minute.

Over the past year so many of my favorite Afro-Cuban influences have passed as well. Almost an entire generation of those guys died within about two years of each other. Luckily the tradition they carried out of Cuba and Puerto Rico is strong all over the world now.

Nirvana
Alice In Chains

...and ones that broke up:
Soundgarden
Foo Fighters

Wait, the Foo fighters broke up?!!??

And since im kind of only 17, i REALLY regret not being older to have seen zeppelin since they're probably my favorite band of all time, but hey i cant really help that can i.

Alice In Chains

Chris Whitley

Michael Brecker

Jeff Buckley

Jaco Pastorius

Frank Zappa

I was basically still a fetus when the last 2 died, but I still wish I could have had an opportunity to see em.

Led fricken Zeppelin

Hello, All.

-> Ronald Belford Scott (Bon) - If you want blood, you've got it. AC/DC
-> Cliff Burton - Ride the Lightning. METALLICA
-> Keith Moon - Live at The Isle of Wight. THE WHO
-> Philip Lynnot - Live. THIN LIZZY
-> Joe Strummer - London Calling. THE CLASH

All the Best,

I wish I had been able to see SRV in his hayday. His talent is simply mesmerizing.

I did see him live. twice. He was riveting. You could not take your eyes off him. And that strat made sounds I didn't know existed or were possible- even Hendrix would have said that..

I wish I'd seen Coltrane, Monk, Cecil Taylor, Duke Ellington's orchestra, Django Reinhardt, Wes Montgomery.

blink 182 (they broke up but would have loved to have seen em)
Sublime

and all the rest im too lazy to type...

Back