New Paragon Cymbals for my Spaun Kit

walkera1962

I purchased a new set of Sabian Paragon Neil Peart series cymbals, 14" hats, 2-16" crashes, 18" & 20" crashes, 20" ride , 20" china and 8" splash.
Replaced the heads with a new set of Evans EC-2's,.....man they sound great!!!!

Attachments

• pictures 001.jpg
    pictures 001.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 913
  • pictures 002.jpg
    pictures 002.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 886
  • pictures 003.jpg
    pictures 003.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 921
  • pictures 004.jpg
    pictures 004.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 871
  • pictures 005.jpg
    pictures 005.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 948
  • pictures 006.jpg
    pictures 006.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 876
  • pictures 007.jpg
    pictures 007.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 860
  • pictures 008.jpg
    pictures 008.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 882
Holy $#@&! That is one of the nicest kits I have ever seen. I meen for the love of god, Spauns, paragons and a Demon Drive! I envy you.

Great kit. How are the paragons? Quite bright I suppose? How do you reach your 8" tom btw? Your hihats seem to be in the way...

WICKED set my friend!!!

Out of curiosity why the Yamaha hex rack instead of an icon? all your hardware seems to be pearl......

is the 20" ride a typo or did you get a custom size? i thought they were only available as 22"

-Jonathan

Great kit. How are the paragons? Quite bright I suppose? How do you reach your 8" tom btw? Your hihats seem to be in the way...

Not really, an 8" tom is like a china or splash cymbal. You do not play it much but when you need it for that special part it's there! My other set of cymbals (Paiste 2002's) are brighter. The paragons are a bit more heavy and darker.

WICKED set my friend!!!

Out of curiosity why the Yamaha hex rack instead of an icon? all your hardware seems to be pearl......

is the 20" ride a typo or did you get a custom size? i thought they were only available as 22"

-Jonathan

The Yamaha rack I like far above the Pearl 503C (My other rack) You can do more with the Yamaha plus all the clamps have a plastic black insert for which the bars do not get all jacked up (scratched up) That was a mistake on the ride cymbal size,...not 20" but a 22" thanks!!

Very nice rig.

The Paragons sound great and they are so tasteful looking with only engraved logos instead of gaudy black ink stamps.

Your whole set up looks like a blast to play.

I hope you get it out of the garage from time to time. :)

The Yamaha rack I like far above the Pearl 503C (My other rack) You can do more with the Yamaha plus all the clamps have a plastic black insert for which the bars do not get all jacked up (scratched up) That was a mistake on the ride cymbal size,...not 20" but a 22" thanks!!

that makes sense.

do you have any recordings of the kit, I'd love to hear it!!

-Jonathan

That is one beautiful kit! Are they wrapped? I'm not sure how well I could play those toms with out "clicking" the wood hoops! They seem very tall, have you had a problem with that?

The Spaun wooden hoops have the inside bottom part of the hoop cut out meaning the hoop sits lower and fully on the metal hoop on the head. With this the wooden hoop is much lower so you do not have to change the angle of the toms or the stroke of your drum sticks. Being a good player also means being consistent on your toms. My sticks marks are always 2 to 3 inches from center of head.

NICE KIT!!!! I am planning to buy a 10´ paragon splash.. have you played it???? Or why you prefer the 8´ one... thanks..

WOW dude! such a clean setup! love the look of new heads too. the Paragons are great! love the different lathing they do on them. The hex-rack looks so clean too.

that set look amazing and i bet it sounds even better, i love the paragons. And thats a beautiful painting of Niel Peart in the background.2 THUMBS UP!
b r a d .

Back