Tony Royster Jr.

Re: a twelve year old the best drum solo ever amazing!

Tony is around 21 or 22 years of age now, and he is simply incredible.

The world know's that!

Dap.

Wow, I am just starting to play at 46 ...and I can't see the day that I will play like that !

Dill X said:
By on the site, I mean like he has a page on here.
Tre Cool has his on page on Drummerworld, but I don't think he's actually ever been on the forums.

Hey Bernhard,

Would it be possible to, say, require (or at least suggest to) the pro drummers here that they check out the forum? I think if they are going to get the promotion of having their site on here they should at least contribute something to helping those in their craft...

Just a thought.

Rob

somedrummer said:
Hey Bernhard,

Would it be possible to, say, require (or at least suggest to) the pro drummers here that they check out the forum? I think if they are going to get the promotion of having their site on here they should at least contribute something to helping those in their craft...

Just a thought.

Rob

"Dear Vinnie, I have a website where we allow people to look at pictures of you plus a couple of videos. In order to achieve this great honour, you must report to Boot Camp Drummerworld Forum at once."

Seriously, don't you think some of them might have better things to do than be nagged by us lot?

OMG! I wonder how good he is now DUDE! I basicly just "crapped" my pants............And bernhard if you can get Tre Cool on this forum that would be AWSOME!!!!!!!

Did you all know that Tony and Dennis Chambers has a play along CD? its both of them on it. One track with one or both of them and the next track is identical minus the drums....its a blast to play with.

Attachments

• dentony.jpg
    dentony.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 7,805
I've got a lot of respect for what Bernhard has done here with Drummerworld, but just because it's an awesome site doesn't mean you can expect the pro drummers of the world to line up to chat with everybody here. If they're that way inclined, they'll come - this should seem like a first port of call. But realistically, I'm here because I can learn as well as giving my suggestions.

I agree, and what those pro drummers dont need is a bunch of non pro's prying on them for everything but drumming conversations. Plus I rather not have them expose themselves on a personal level like a forum where people can get the wrong impression of them. Words can be so easily taken the wrong way or upset people. I dont like doing that to people. In fact I stopped posting on another site because something I said upset a few people and went into a direction that was not intended.

Its much kewl-er if we can meet some pro drummers somewhere in real life and have a conversation with them or maybe become aquaintences or friends even..

This is only my thoughts ok drummers?

Bernhard said:
Great drummer, but he's too old to have this "Oh look this little boy" wonder-effect

Bernhard

OK. But...
Do you know him? Did you see him playing?

I'm talking about Gustavo Meli....

Scatman said:
That solo Tony played on the MD 97 video was really fantastic for a 12 year old kid

I was at that MD festival and I couldn't believe how young he was. When he came out, he was so little and once he sat behind his set (which was Pearl I believe at the time...pretty big setup from what I remember) and started playing...my jaw (and many others) fell to the floor. One guy said, "i think i should quit" after Tony's performance! I'll have to check ou that DVD he did with Dennis Chambers.

ive only seen one video of tony when he was 12 and he was awesome. He did a great one handed fill with so much speed it seemed impossible and he would twirl his stick whilst doing it. If he is that good when he is 12 i would love 2 see him play now.

Anyone seen tony royster JR.?

i saw him doin a drum vid at twelve but after that i ve not heard nor seen him ever. whats happened to him and is he like really good now or what? i heard hes not as good as he should be but im not sure.

Back