Band name!

Thefunnyguy

Hi, this my first post here, I was wondering what would be a good band name for a rock band... I was thinking of a short, double meaning name. Thanks forhelp

Wow! A true double meaning name may mean you have to have too many words in the name. I saw a band 20+ years ago (good example) named "Hot Chilly". You can have that one one.

Thanks for all help, I was looking for a two word name, I mean queen was a great name for the band, it doesn't have to be double meaning... What about under addiction?

Welcome to the forums, depends on the kind of rock you play, are you a hard rock band, more soft rock, country rock? Just plain ol' pub rock?

'Rock Band'

'Guitar Hero'

'Guitar Hero II'

'Vague'

'In General Terms'

'Beige'

'Vanilla'

'Rock Band World Tour'

'Rock and the Rocks'

'The Band Band'

'You Know Who and the Whatevers'

'Don't Know'

Maybe some details other than simply 'A rock band' would help. What kind of music? What kind of image are you trying to create?

Holy Diver

Acid Flesh

Symbolic

Green Manalishi

Voodoo Mouth

A friend and I were discussing cool band names the other day and we thought "Special Guest" or "TBA" would be a good choice.

Think of how it would look on a flyer... "(Headliner) band" with "Special Guest".

Diamond Dreamer.

WOW = Wait On Weather.

POOH = Pull Out Of The Hole.

V- Door.

Tool-Pusher.

I always thought the name "double visions" was cool.
or "collapse'
"paranoid behavior"

The Desk Topps

Speaker of the House

iBand

Light Sowt

Check out this thread...

Posted on this very board, there's a load of great band (and original) names that I and others suggested at that time... feel free to use any I suggested. :)
Here's a load I really liked and I would have used any of these myself...

The Comatose Bungee Club
Eclectic Conspiracy
Courteous Uprising
My Grindstone Revision
The Rare Congregation
Tasting Terrapins
Static Relocation
The Impending Past
Multitude of One
The Salient Majority
Born Before
Last Bird in Heaven
Menial Kingdom
Gosub Human
Designing Chaos
The Medieval Combustion Imprint
Incarnate
Polite Profanity

I've always been partial to:

The Grin And Dig It, Gittin' With It, Hoochie Coochie Rhythem Band.

Do you think it's too long?

I even have the words to the band song.

Is it me, or are band names these days becoming really really stupid? I guess once upon a time 'The Zombies' was a stupid name. At least it meant something.

Back