Storage ideas for hardware

RocketSauce

Hi everyone,

I need some cheap and/or DIY ideas for storing drum hardware. I currently use an oversized gym bag for the majority of my stuff but I'd prefer something more rigid.

Does anyone have any inside secrets that they would be willing to share? I don't mind dropping some money on quality products if need be.

Input is appreciated..thanks!

Do you just want to store it or use the hardware container for transport?
How many stands and how much do they all weigh together?

A simple plastic bin from Walmart can be a good inexpensive way to store and transport hardware.
If the hardware weighs more than 50 LBS, They make plastic bins with wheels.
Home Depot sells large plastic tool containers also.

I have found that 3 feet long is a good minimum length for a hardware container. Most stands telescope down to just under 3 feet.

The best ones are the ones sold by music supply stores.
My hardware is light so I use a 3' long soft hardware bag from Gator bags with no wheels.
If you have trouble carrying your hardware with one hand then you should get a bag or hard case with wheels.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of these and I use one for when I have to bring a lot of hardware and I will have a hand truck or dolly.

They're tough, and won't let any water in when closed if you're loading in during the rain.

Contico Tuff Bin

CONTICO-Pro-Tuff-Bin-LSS-_i_GIS_173720.jpg

thanks for the feedback, I didn't think of using a plastic bin.

I would use them mostly for storage and the occasional gig.
I'd say all my hardware is around 75lbs and the biggest piece is 4' long....that contico looks promising

I got them for $50 a piece on sale at the hardware store. They're normally $100 each. So if you shop around or wait for a Home Depot/Lowe's sale you can get them cheap.

They have a flimsy key lock but two molded (built in) flanges for padlocks if you need.

Pretty good deal.

For storage I just use those longer plastic bins like the Serilite brand found at Wal-mart.
They are usually under 20 bucks.

For cartage, I use a Humes & Berg tall Vulc. fiber case with wheels. It's tall enough to just fold up the legs on my stands and be good to go.

just make sure they are put away dry
wipe the sweat off all your stands...and hopefuly
kept in a low moisture area...
I had some hardware packed away for about 10
years in a hardcase, I recently opened up the case
and found some pitting/light rust on Some of my cymbal stands..

I think that the Golf bag flight travel case is the best drum hardware bag that I have ever seen!
Thanks for that, Nealio and Fuzrock.

I think that the Golf bag flight travel case is the best drum hardware bag that I have ever seen!
Thanks for that, Nealio and Fuzrock.

Yes, thanks for the "heads up" on this! I just scored the same one Fuzrock has for $100 shipped -- lifetime warranty and free, field replaceable latches, handles, and wheels.

Thanks again!

spleen

Yes, thanks for the "heads up" on this! I just scored the same one Fuzrock has for $100 shipped -- lifetime warranty and free, field replaceable latches, handles, and wheels.

Thanks again!

spleen

Awesome! You won't be dissapointed. That's a really cheap price. Can you post a link to where you got it from?

Back