Stupid deal of the day!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hey all -

I was cruising around eBay and found out Musiciansfriend, Music123, the Woodwind and the Brasswind (and I also think CascioInterstate) are all selling these pedals new for $49.99 plus tax. If anyone is looking for a solid pedal you might want to check this out. When these pedals were re-released by Tama they were asking $129, and some people are trying to sell their used old ones in that $60 to $90 range.

Up until the NAMM show they were a bit on the expensive side considering what you get for spending $250+ on a single pedal these days. Maybe Tama's gonna discontinue them?

Anyway, for you old skool Camco fans, here's a chance to get a brand new one at a steal. I myself will go completely old skool on mine and replace the chain and sprocket with my cam and strap I pulled off of an old Tama Flexi-Flyer from the 70s. Here's a link, but on eBay there's at least three:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tama-Camco-...526?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f0f06386

Well that listing is a steaming pile I didn't need to see.

Last year I got a new one after putting my old one back on the kit and really liking it. I got a used one on eBay for 35 bucks before the new one came in (I went back to my Elim too), so I just kept it NIB (case), with the original "reissue" wrapping, made sure it was "safe" so it wouldn't get messed up....

Guess it ain't worth much. Maybe in 20 years....

DANG.

That looks like a damn fine pedal and the price is just stupid cheap. I should get one, but I just got a spare pedal and it would just be redundant really.

Where is that credit card lol.

I know, sorry. It's just one of those deals where you should get it just because. I was originally thinking of replacing the bearings on my 30 year old FlexiFlyer and then realized I can get a whole new pedal instead! I already have three Iron Cobra Jrs. What's another one added to the collection?

...old skool Camco...

Sweet deal! (Assuming they’re well built.) I remember when Camco was the darling of pretty much every player. Which is why Tama bought the company. The original was an excellent pedal that retailers couldn’t keep in stock, they were so hot. (Of course, that was in the days before foot plates on all pedals. Dunno how they stack up these days.)

Call the Utah sales hub, 877-513-9720 probably get free shipping.

Dunno how they stack up these days.

They don't, that's why TAMA improved on it, eventually morphing its design into the IRON COBRA.

That looks like a damn fine pedal and the price is just stupid cheap. I should get one, but I just got a spare pedal and it would just be redundant really.

Where is that credit card lol.

It doesn't just look like a damn fine pedal, it is a wonderful pedal indeed, I used it for 28 years, both in single and double pedals versions until I switched to the Mapex Falcon a couple years ago :)

If you get one for yourself Uncle Larry, you won't be disappointed.

Call the Utah sales hub, 877-513-9720 probably get free shipping.

Dunno how they stack up these days.

They don't, that's why TAMA improved on it, eventually morphing its design into the IRON COBRA.

I agree Tama improved a lot when they came out with the Iron Cobras, but when I see how many players made such good music with this pedal, I have to ask, "stack up to what?" If you're talking about using the pedal hold your car up, that's one thing. But if you want to make music, there's a reason a lot of people still use these, and even Ludwig Speed Kings for that matter.

And I have an Iron Cobra too.

hey thanks for that. i'd go for it but none of those suppliers ship this deal to canada. our 'free trade' agreement is anything but useful.

Back