Studio pics!!

bojangleman

Platinum Member
well, kinda..lol..

more like living room pics..but, thats where we recorded at! lol

ok, these pictures, are after about 45 minutes of clean up...so, it looks organized..lol...and it is kinda now, but it wasnt when we recorded..but it sounds good i think..

studio1.jpg

studio2.jpg

studio3.jpg

studio4.jpg

studio5.jpg

studiosnare.jpg

and the recordings im talking about are here:

www.myspace.com/springloadedcomeback

ill have some actual pics of us recording monday..

enjoy! =)

Alex

Sweet kit, hows that joey jordson snare sound?

haha a purple marshall amp.... never thought i'd see the day haha

haha! thanks guys!

the JJ snare is awesome...nice loud crack, and just an overall awesome sound...

and rmandelbaum - yeah...i started recording and the quality wasnt as good as i had hoped for..so, then i figured out that they werent plugged in!

just messin....haha....like, i said..these pics were taken like 3 hours after we actually recorded..i didnt have a camera when we were recording...haha

Alex

sweet man, that's awesome. I remember recording in a school stairwell once for a certain sound for a Christmas soundtrack for a concert we were doing. I haven't recorded in a living room yet.

And thats really awesome that your folks let you do that. A Lot of folks are very unsupportive.

Nice kit too, I like your yammie with the stripe. But I think I've told you that a couple times now..lol. Can't wait for sound clips, love to hear the JJ snare.

Oww, hihats down please! Actually the level is fine, but they need some serious EQ. Otherwise though, a pleasing sound! What've you done with the recording, in terms of mixing and processing etc?

Hmm christian punk eh? Very interesting.

With the recordings you could try seperating out the 2 guitar tracks into seperate speakers to get a bit more of a stereo image, also it would have been good if you could have done this on the drums as well (you can record stereo tracks in audacity by going edit, preferences, Audio I/O and in the "recording" subsection of this page it's on one of the roll out menus. You can record up to 16 tracks simultaneously although if someone had an audio device capable of such a feat why the hell would they be wasting their time with audacity?)

Personally i hate audacity. It's got bad latency issues, nothing to do with my computer just bad software. So the fact that you can get good sounding results from it is very good. I liked the songs, as i said the christian punk idea seems very interesting to me. I also think your myspace design works very well. So yeah all in all thumbs up from me.

I'm really digging the recordings, sounds like you guys know what you're doing.

The next time you record, get your vocalist to sing louder, but decrease the volume of his track, if you know what I mean. (mostly for the first track)

How are those black suede's?

im lovin the black suedes...they sound amazing!

i mean, my drums are maple of course....the heads have a nice warm, but controlled sound, but then a nice attack of say birch...

so, i personally love them!!

and thanks for the compliments!
yeah, our singers has kinda've a weak, well, i wouldnt say weak, but not strong voice..but, we're working on it!

thanks! =)

Alex

Dang you got Eminem in your band?!

Haha, just kidding. I really liked the recording. I agree with IC though

Haha, the blonde guy. He looks like Eminem to me

Back