......another DW kit :-)

JME

Finally got some half decent pics of my current setup.

DW Collectors VLT's
Natural/Cherry satin fade maple
10", 12", 14", 16", 24"
14 x 5.5 DW maple edge snare
9000 Hardware
Paiste signature cymbals

I love this kit!

IMG_4644.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4733.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

Just finished pre-production and start recording our LP in February, very much looking forward to hearing them in full swing :)

Thanks for checking 'em out.

Jme

Last edited:
AND he's in OZ, so he paid through his nose for that stuff.
Gorgeous gear, why is that such an aphrodisiac?
I want to record something now.

Yeah paid through the ringer down across the pond! :) DW's are held in high regard here!

I'm awaiting delivery of a pearl reference kit and it's literally half the price.

Good heavens, a Paiste Visions ride. It's been ages since I've seen one o' those. Nice tubs, man.

very nice! i remember a kit very similar in the drum shop for a long time this wouldnt happen to be it or was it a custom order ?

Wow, beautiful finish! I see the title is "another" DW kit.. Could someone send the link to the first DW kit?? Thanks!

Wow, beautiful finish! I see the title is "another" DW kit.. Could someone send the link to the first DW kit?? Thanks!

I think that the thread was named this way because it was created on a day where several people (including me) posted about their DW's, so this would be "another" DW...

But it really isn't!
Beautiful finish, and the set up looks incredibly fun to play. I'm wondering what that cymbal is below your china and the crash you have between your floor toms, it looks like a shapeless splash. Cymbal specs?? :)

*insert series of superlatives here*

But seriously, nice kit! DWs are indeed held in high regard down here in Australia, and your kit is a perfect example of why they are. Nice cymbal set up as well, liking the way you're using those 9702 multi stands!

Hey Schelf....I'd say this kit had been sitting at the drum shop for a while, I only got back into playing mid '11 and did a great deal on it along with a super solid snare.

That splash is an 8" vision series paiste (same vintage as the ride circa mid 90's) Its all bent out of shape. I use it as a staccato effect with great results.

VLT's sound great, no rings in these, so they tend to ring right out with some overtones. I like it, miked up they sing with a great deal of warmth. I found the shallow toms to be quite articulate as well and provide plenty of low/mid's for their size.

what are the depths of the toms and kick on that gorgeous kit?

great set up, it looks so fun to play!

Back