Jon Theodore

This look to to be permanent but I'm not really worried. Jon is such a capable musician I'm sure he'll do something good. I'd love to see him in a him-ish(not the finnish metal band) band again.

There are some pretty credible reports floating about that Jon has teamed together with Zack de la Rocha and are in the nascent stages of forming a Son Jarocho fusion band. This could be spectacular given the new musical direction Zack has reinvented himself with.

There are some pretty credible reports floating about that Jon has teamed together with Zack de la Rocha and are in the nascent stages of forming a Son Jarocho fusion band. This could be spectacular given the new musical direction Zack has reinvented himself with.

I'd buy that record, just because it has Jon and Zack on it. Any thoughts on who other band members may be?

Biz

Jon Theodore... simply the best! =D Well... at least, one of the bests! He left TMV... the band will not be the same as before.

I just love this guy man. you can keep all your pridgens, just gimme Cicatriz ESP. I love jon's feel and groove. it's an approach thing. doesn't come with only practice.

Cicatriz is the sickest song ever. That was the first Volta song I heard and I was blown away by the groove and the power. Then I found out Jon used a 15" Rack tom and I was even more impressed. THEN I found out he thinks 24" kicks are small and punchy and I just had to laugh. He really has amazing feel and power. Have you guys heard his new project with Zack De La Rocha (Rage Against the Machine)? It's called A Day as a Lion and it is pretty cool. It's really groove oriented unlike some of the Volta's stuff. Check it out.

erm...Zachs' project with Jon is called One Day As A Lion, not what you wrote :)

Love Jon's feel. Hope TMV bounce back though.

what do you mean bounce back there going stronger than ever
also one day as a lion is awesome lol

Being Bonham my all-time idol I have to say Jon Theodore is by far my favorite contemporary drummer, a sort of harsh violent, surprising & minimalistic gymnast, so is Deloused my favourite Mars Volta album, BY FAR, the same goes for the vocals and guitars in the album, a sort of latin acid psycodelia... I sold my drumkit 10 years ago and CAN'T WAIT TO GET A NEW ONE AND PLAY DELOUSED!... thank you Jo(h)ns, both of you.

I dont know why he left but i do know that he is with zach de la rocha in a band called 'one day as a lion'
maybe he left to work with de la rocha
thats my best gues

de la Rocha's back with Rage doing live dates. He was working with the Holloys (John), not sure if he's still there. Theodore's probably out there freelancing, makin' that gwop.

I absolutely love tapping along to his beats in One Day As A Lion, I adore that collaboration with Zac De La Rocha.

Oh man, I wish Jon would start making tunes again. The stuff he did with O.D.A.A.L. is GREAT, but that was a while ago.

God, would he be a great "Studio" musician / drummer or what? I can just picture him working with soo many other bands...adding to their sound.

This guy has a feel that is AT LEAST as recognizable / relevant as someone like Bonham.

Back