Attachments

• Beatrix1.jpg
    Beatrix1.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 2,709
  • Beatrix2.jpg
    Beatrix2.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 2,640
That kit looks absolutely stunning! Really love the finishes on Sonor kits

Sounds great too. It was love at first sight. Due to the sparkles, she looks great under stage lighting. She deserves new heads though.

Love those natural wood finishes Matthias. Love the Sonor lug design as well. One day, when I have the cash, and the skills, I'd like to buy those high range Sonor kits.

martin.mayers.54

Don't laugh. I'm posting this for very sentimental reasons.

This is my Sonor 503 kit. I paid £80 for this about 12 months ago. After a near decade hiatus from music, and some really quite tough times, and having just gone through expensive divorce proceedings, this is all, literally, that I could afford to pay.

The kit has served me well over the past year or so. It's rehearsed with me on a weekly basis, and joined me for the ride on my dream gig, a gig which I had never dreamed of doing during my lifetime, supporting a band who, from the age of 10 to 20, I worshipped. To then play a support slot for this band, was a dream come true, and my cheap, battered, Sonor didn't let me down.

With a heavy heart I upgraded my drums today, and for gigging purposes will now be using a Gretsch Catalina Club Mod, which I hope serves me as well.

It's not all over for the good old Sonors though, as they will still be my rehearsal kit where I can try to hone my completely unimpressive drum skills to the greatest extent my feable capabilities can manage.

Thank you Sonor, for your expertise.

(PS: cant seem to post the pic lol...will do so from home later)

Sonar really goes a long way to make all there drums look good. I got the safari which was the cheapest kit at the time and they look like a million dollars.

I agree - very nice finish, Smatch!

Thanks Arky and Mathias. Your SQ2 is awesome Mathias. Is that an 18?

I got into SONOR about 2 yrs ago and in that time have owned a maple light designer, S classix, Safari and now the heavy beech q2. I've owned every high end ply kit out there and the German SONOR stuff is definitely my favorite. It's hard to consider other companies once you get to drive a German SONOR for awhile. When I ordered this kit it was a toss up between Scandi and American walnut. Obviously American walnut won out. I like Scandi so much however, that I sold my 7pc S Classix kit and ordered a 4pc vintage beech q2 in Scandi. This new kit should be here by the end of June and I will surely share some pics when they arrive. The sizes will be 10x8 12x8 14x14 and 20x14. Needlless to say I am very stoked.

I've had these for about 3 weeks,Select Force in dark forest burst, 10x6.5,12x7,14x12,16x15,22x20,14x6.5, and an 8" on order.. all resos are stock, clear emps on all toms batter and empx on snare,recently added a double chain double kick got a great deal off CL near new $120,really love the quality and sound of this kit, all bearing edges awesome smooth/sharp, drum hardware is beautiful/chrome is top notch, really like the TAR mounts- my last kits had rims style the drums bounced and I could here the tom knocking on the mount at times,I had to remove the drum to change heads, when tuning the mounted toms they seemed to impede tuning under the mount as well
IMG_4290.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_4281.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
KIS: No unnecessary fluff....you mean microphones :-D?? Yes looks neat that way, and
the perspective of the camera helps, too. The sound guy did a stunning job using just
one (!) overhead mic. Don't remember what kind though...

Smatch: No pic...!
No, I actually meant the kit itself - just screaming simplicity & functional quality. I would like to hear the minimalistic recording though :)

SQ2......Great Kit. I am going to order another tom. either an 8" or a 14".....I have been told that it will take 6 months to receive it from Germany... :(

Attachments

• Sonor 2.jpg
    Sonor 2.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 2,432
  • sonor 3.jpg
    sonor 3.jpg
    858.2 KB · Views: 4,182
Excuse my ignorance,but what is a rocket launcher..my guess it is the tom holder on the bass and it appears the holder slides up and down and angles back and forth? What a neat design and a very beautiful kit

Excuse my ignorance,but what is a rocket launcher..my guess it is the tom holder on the bass and it appears the holder slides up and down and angles back and forth? What a neat design and a very beautiful kit

Yes, the rocket launcher is the extremely heavy duty tom mount. It uses a plate on the bass drum that mounts on the lugs with no hole through the bass drum.

Back