Hurricane Irene

Mary, have you tried contacting the "American Red Cross" in that area? They usually have knowledge of evacuations and shelters. They also have the resources to assist in a search.

Please let us know if you find them!

Thank You Jeremy and Aydee.

I've found the Red Cross via the FEMA, thanks - very useful.

My Aunt and Uncles names are not on their register, but not to say they are not being looked after elsewhere.

I'm just assuming they are without power and/or water and will get home when the services are back on again. I'm going to keep trying ringing them and I'm sure they'll answer as soon as they get home.

Thanks again Guys, Mary

Power is the bigest problem Mary.
I live in CT. My home only lost power for a few hours.
I work one town away and there has been no power there since the storm.
I have had two days off from work because of it.
I'm sure that your relatives are OK.

Hey all

Very relieved to report I have now spoken with my Aunt! The phone was out for a few days but they are both well and actually playing down the effect the Hurricane had on them as a 'bit of a storm'!!! Oh the resilience of elderly folk - Amazing.

Thanks again for your help and support.

Mary x

Last edited:
Cool Mary, I am also just starting to reach people as they get communication systems and power back.

Hey all

Very relieved to report I have now spoken with my Aunt! The phone was out for a few days but they are both well and actually playing down the effect the Hurricane had on them as a 'bit of a storm'!!! Oh the resilience of elderly folk - Amazing.

Thanks again for your help and support.

Mary x

Glad to hear it. That's good news!

Back