Can Drummers Cook?

This is how I always pictured you Polly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccmGIFUx_FY

Wow Bob, you totally have me pegged! Damn, my shroud of secrecy is out ... I'm really a closet earth mother :)

Eating one of my concoctions I type ... a super-chunky soup with turnip, parsnip, potato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic and jasmine rice ... flavoured with curry, rosemary, pepper, caraway seeds and mixed herbs. Also tossed in an egg and grated some cheese on top. It's over the top but pretty tasty - a bit like Moonie :)

OK ... here's a fast, easy one.​
Cook up some pasta ... spaghetti, rotellinni, whatever....​
In a skillet, heat some olive oil ... with finely diced garlic ... til the garlic starts to brown​
Now, throw some chopped spinach into the skillet. This won't need to be on the heat very long, at all.​
OK, drain the pasta, throw the oil, garlic, spinach onto the pasta (like it's sauce). Set aside, not done yet.​
Take that same skillet. Cook up as many eggs, sunnyside up, as you have people to feed.​
This is where a little pre-sen-ta-tion helps. Take the pasta out to the table, on a serving plater. Let peoples serve themselves some pasta.​
Round the table you go, dropping a sunnyside up egg on top of everyones pasta heap.​
eat​

" I have to cook, my wife never really learned (although I am teaching her"

I have the same issue, although now she cooks things that are quite pleasing. She can't make a better steak or turkey though. "Temple of the Vampire" turkey! Garlic in there to get rid of the pests!
You bast with white wine instead, sounds crazy but people have told me its the best turkey they ever had. Not my recipe got it from a cookbook.

don't know if con struct is still checkin in but in his original post, he mentioned to put the steaks somewhere where the cats can't get to them...obviously i need to look more at the off-topic once in a while! he was a bad cat, man, but he sure was eating good for a few days...

Attachments

• felix.jpg
    felix.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 67
I only cook because I despise prepackaged meals, fast food and eating out in general.

Usually, I'll throw a chicken breast on the foreman grill and eat it on some spinach with a sweet potato.

Probably my favorite recipe is nothing really special at all, it's something I innovated, although not really.

I basically chop up a lot of garlic, and throw in a bunch of peas and mixed vegetables with Salmon in olive oil. After that I'll add a lot of basil and chili peppers. When it's finished cooking, I'll throw a small amount of parmesan cheese (not powder) on it.

Back