Jason Bittner

He is probably my favourite metal drummer. He has speed(ofcourse there is ALWAYS someone who can beat you with speed), but what makes him so good in my eyes, is how he plays. With taste! From last Modern Drummer I read that he had learned latin and jazz and stuff. As my drum teacher said, you have to know every style to play one style good.
Fact!

The thing that I like about Jason is that he subbed for Charlie Benante in Anthrax for a while. You sure as hell can't be a sucker and sit in that guy's drum seat...

Jason, is one of my biggest influences.

I recently read the article from Modern drummer on him, and it was awsome. It showed how talented he is, and the interview he did with Niko Mcbrain showed how much of a nice guy he must be. And apperintly he's good with kids, as he teaches drum's in Albany.

Jason has great speed, but isent sloppy. He is talented, and a great inspiration.

he's doing a UK drum clinic tour soon, if anyone's interested I can post up dates/ locations. I'm going to the clinic in Hull hopefully : ) just hope i'm well enough to play drums again by then
I went to this one, really really good! I got a photo of us in the end hehe!

DSC00501.jpg

He is bloody good in the fact that he can use his hands as well as his feet which in todays modern metal drummers, it is usually a case of what you do with your feet!

Some of the points suggesting he can't play jazz on the modern drummer fest dvd were a little unfair. It is incredibly hard to go from a really fast metal beat to a smooth jazz beat is hard, and it is hard to make them actually sound good!!

He is a good drummer and I think people should respect that!

Is anyone else excited for Shads new album? I was quite disappointed with Threads of Life to be honest but I heard one track from Retribution and it was killer, I don't remember the name of the song but I feel that this will be their best album yet. Jason Bittner is imo one of the most professional drummers out there. His timing and feel are both impeccable, his parts are always just right and perfectly tailored to the songs, he is well schooled, and seems like a great guy. Speed isn't everything, many metal drummers (myself included) seem to forget that sometimes. He plays for the band and that's all you can really ask from a drummer

(I am also very skeptical of studio recordings and the 'touch-ups' that can be done, especially when you are able to record on the budget Shadows Fall must have had - great sounding album!)

Some earlier comments described him as precise, basically when he performs live he is spot on.

The things that Adler does with double-kick drumming is very innovative.

Hard to compare but they have noticable differences in drumming.

Very same drumming in each album, not sure if thaat's a good thing. Very solid and precise, good ability to play complex patterns at high speed. Great chops. Plays what the music requires. Well read, he made a DVD on the "stuff" behind metal drumming called What drives the beat.

Jason Bittner I think has the ability to play LoG songs...

...but, his style in Shadows Fall is considerably different...

one of fav drummers.

Jason Bittner I think has the ability to play LoG songs...

...but, his style in Shadows Fall is considerably different...

one of fav drummers.

Yeah, Bittner definitley has the skills to play Lamb of God songs. Adler seems to be more creative and unique when it comes to writing drum parts though. I guess b/c he had no formal training he thinks outside the box composition wise.
On the other hand, Bitter went to music school, and it seems to reflect in his playing. He mostly sticks to traditional metal beats.

Hi Bittner fans.

Recently I attended a drum clinic put on by Jason, and I was thoroughly impressed. If he's ever in a town nearby putting on a drum clinic, it should not be missed. A really cool guy too!

Drum Clinic - Jason Bittner

The general genre of 'heavy metal' is not my favorite, but there certainly are very talented drummers there - Jason Bittner is one of them.

I hope you like the clinic coverage!

Back