Jack White

Does someone knows what cymbal set up is he currently using? I know they are Paiste 2002, but don't know the sizes.

2002 24" ride, and switching of between a second 24--might be the 24" crash (and not a second "ride") and a 16 for the "crash".
16" hi hats.

2002 24" ride, and switching of between a second 24--might be the 24" crash (and not a second "ride") and a 16 for the "crash".
16" hi hats.

I tough so about the 24" crash, but are there 16" 2oo2 hi hats?, In the website only shows 15"

He just used 2 16" cymbals for hats. Not sure what the weights were.

Oh, that's true, I think it sounds great, I'm planning on get a bigger pair of hi hats (and cymbals) , right now I'm playing 14" A Custom Mastersounds, and recently I'ven drown in to Paiste, and been looking the 15" 2oo2 sound edge hi hats, and the 16" Twenty Medium Light hi hats, so i'm between those 2

Jack White, the talented guitarist and vocalist of the bands The White Stripes and The Raconteurs, has founded another rock band called The Dead Weather.

On this new band he has moved behind the drums, and his grooves are very infectious, the more a listen to him, the more I want to listen.

He also has written the opening song for the 007, James Bond Movie, Solace Of You, with the song "Die Another Day" in which he play the drums, the guitar and share the singing with Alicia Keys.

Here's a taste of his drumming:

The Dead Weather: Hussle & Cuss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj-x1sPdrUE

007 original soundtrack: Die Another Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5UJvnbbuY&feature=fvst

He has an unusual configuration of his Ludwig drumkit:

Attachments

• Jack White 1.jpg
    Jack White 1.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 4,125
The Dead Weather was one of my favorite albums of 2010 and Jack Whites drumming is so classy. Sucks that watching live videos of them just gives me lower back pains.

As for "Another Way To Die" within 3 seconds you know that its a freaking Bond song and thats what a Bond song should be.

I really like him and his playing, cant for the life of me work out his drum set-up tho!?

Does he have 3 different snares? Thats all i can imagine it could be.

I really like him and his playing, cant for the life of me work out his drum set-up tho!?

Does he have 3 different snares? Thats all i can imagine it could be.

I'm' thinking the same thing, but after listen several times, my thoughts are that he has two snares, one with throw on and one with it off and then 4 toms total. 1 up 'front' and three in the rear..

very peculiar setup..I always enjoyed WS, the Dead Weather seem strong as well

I'm' thinking the same thing, but after listen several times, my thoughts are that he has two snares, one with throw on and one with it off and then 4 toms total. 1 up 'front' and three in the rear..

very peculiar setup..I always enjoyed WS, the Dead Weather seem strong as well
As for music, I prefer The Raconteurs, but all his stuff is pretty dam good.

Very cool playing and nice kit. Gotta love when people do unconventional setups.
What do ya think for cymbals, all 2002's all around, or is there a GB in there? D

It's a cool set-up. I like the minimal cymbals.
The front drum is a 5 (or 6) x16. Just a short tom.
The hat stand is waaay over though. I wonder if (live) he plays it with his heel, or if it's on the side of his foot or something.
I like all of his suff, but I do like the Raconteurs the best--and Patrick Keeler's drumming!

I'm a bit of a Jack White fanboy, and I personally would love to play his set, just to try and figure it out!

The White Stripes' album "Elephant" and Jack White's album with Loretta Lynn are perhaps the two best releases of the 2000s. And I'm a Meg White fanboy for life.

Back