problem with 9002 double pedal

Jinro

For some reason my main right pedal double hits when I press down down for a softer hit. I push it down once and it makes contact and then it seems to quickly rebound back and hit again all in one stroke. My auxiliary pedal does not do this. Both pedals have exactly the same settings.

Help?

I played the left pedal with my right foot and had no problem. I'm convinced it is the pedal.

Ok, I just pulled both the pedal head backs and let go and the right one is waaaaaaaaaaay more bouncy even though the tension on both springs are the same for both pedals.

Is this normal?

ok so i adjusted the spring tension on the master pedal down quite a bit and it still way more bouncy then the slave pedal.

Help?

I already read that thread.

Like I said, I get no double hits when using my right foot on the slave pedal. For whatever reason my master pedal is insanely bouncy and I don't know how to fix it. I already tried the spring tension.

If I pull both beaters back and let them go the master pedal bounces at least 2.5x as long as the slave pedal until they return to the stopped position. I am pretty sure that is what is causing the double taps on the master pedal, but like I said I adjusted the spring tension way down and it did not make a difference in the double tap nor in the amount of bounce it had compared to the slave pedal.

To be honest, the master pedal is almost unplayable and I have no idea how to fix it.

I already read that thread.

Like I said, I get no double hits when using my right foot on the slave pedal. For whatever reason my master pedal is insanely bouncy and I don't know how to fix it. I already tried the spring tension.

If I pull both beaters back and let them go the master pedal bounces at least 2.5x as long as the slave pedal until they return to the stopped position. I am pretty sure that is what is causing the double taps on the master pedal, but like I said I adjusted the spring tension way down and it did not make a difference in the double tap nor in the amount of bounce it had compared to the slave pedal.

To be honest, the master pedal is almost unplayable and I have no idea how to fix it.

My 9002's do the same thing when i pull both beaters back. I suffered from double taps a while back and found that the problem was more in my head tension. I also switched to a ported reso and rolled up t-shirt inside the drum against the batter. Problem solved. Check your universal joints on your connector bar. Mine has a lot of slop and has been like that since I bought them. If you want a better slave response you may try swapping out the DW connector bar with an Axis bar. Just a thought, but maybe you don't have double taps on your slave side with your main foot because the pedal is not as sensitive as the main.

My 9002's do the same thing when i pull both beaters back. I suffered from double taps a while back and found that the problem was more in my head tension. I also switched to a ported reso and rolled up t-shirt inside the drum against the batter. Problem solved. Check your universal joints on your connector bar. Mine has a lot of slop and has been like that since I bought them. If you want a better slave response you may try swapping out the DW connector bar with an Axis bar. Just a thought, but maybe you don't have double taps on your slave side with your main foot because the pedal is not as sensitive as the main.

So I am not the only one, weird.

My master pedal is so bouncy I pretty much have to bury the beater or else I get the double tap when I release it just from the beater flinging back into the head sometimes. But If I don't bury it hard enough I get a buzz. Very weird.

Back