American Idol

Good catch. I will not miss Jacob. Too much drama for me.

Yep you are correct! Actually can't stand Jacob and his over-acted singing.
I'm with you on this.
My family and the A.I. judges think he's great.
I think he tries way too hard. He needs to relax but then again I'm a laidback dude.

Jacob is very animated but imo, not only is the dude talented, he's possibly the most talented one there.

Unfortunately, thats not saying a ton considering this years group, I know. He also partially fulfills my dream of attending services in an all-Black church down in the deep south.

Jacob is very animated but imo, not only is the dude talented, he's possibly the most talented one there.

Unfortunately, thats not saying a ton considering this years group, I know. He also partially fulfills my dream of attending services in an all-Black church down in the deep south.
You think it is a weak group? Honestly. I think it is the strongest group yet. Jacob has talent, but he is no idol in my opinion. The only people that are going to buy his cd's are old ladies. :)

You think it is a weak group? Honestly. I think it is the strongest group yet.

You got me. Haha, not sure why I said that! I guess what I meant was that while it is a very good group, they're not a very versatile group. Scotty with his twang, Casey with his gruff and James with his screaming. Anyhow, who knows at this point. I've been surprised myself at what these guys have picked done.

Paul??????? The guy CAN'T sing at all. It's painful to watch.
Great smile.........................That's it.
Pia is by far the most talented. PLEASE get rid of Paul. I can't take it anymore.

Well I think the right two went home tonight.

I would say ONE of the right two went home - Naima. Paul should have been the other one. I think he seems like a nice guy but that voice is just wrong.

Paul? I know, I know. But he is unique. Thia has a beautiful voice but she is boring. She sounds like she should be 25. She is no idol. I actually have Paul's voice down pretty good now. Don't worry he is going home next week.

Please, oh please send Jacob home. He will never be an idol.

IMO

Casey is the best "Artist" Pia is Hot!! and Haley, who looks like she's a big brat, has charachter in her voice that I like.

IMO

Casey is the best "Artist" Pia is Hot!! and Haley, who looks like she's a big brat, has charachter in her voice that I like.

Thumbs up. Sorry they don't believe in emoticons on this site. I love them. I think they break the tension, and are good for softening intent.

There is no "Judging" or even realistic critique going on here. At least twice I've seen J-Lo visibly wince when a singer blew a note and then told the kid they nailed the song. Come on. Simon was tough on these kids but most of the time his criticism was dead on. If they had real judges giving real critiques of the performances most of the public wouldn't "get it". I now hear people using the term "pitchy" when they don't have a clue as to what that means. How about phrasing, nailing attacks, etc. nobody in the typical TV viewing audience knows about that or cares. They just have favorites and vote for them based on their own personal biases. Randy probably has the closest thing to credentials at judging this stuff but he won't do it. J-Lo is eye candy who loves everyone. Steven is uhmmm, not sure what he is. They should have Don Was doing the judging his short segments at least show him working with these kids on their strenghts and weaknesses. Harry Connick was a very good guest mentor on last years show. He told the truth to the kids but did it in a constructive way.

There is no "Judging" or even realistic critique going on here. At least twice I've seen J-Lo visibly wince when a singer blew a note and then told the kid they nailed the song. Come on. Simon was tough on these kids but most of the time his criticism was dead on. If they had real judges giving real critiques of the performances most of the public wouldn't "get it". I now hear people using the term "pitchy" when they don't have a clue as to what that means. How about phrasing, nailing attacks, etc. nobody in the typical TV viewing audience knows about that or cares. They just have favorites and vote for them based on their own personal biases. Randy probably has the closest thing to credentials at judging this stuff but he won't do it. J-Lo is eye candy who loves everyone. Steven is uhmmm, not sure what he is. They should have Don Was doing the judging his short segments at least show him working with these kids on their strenghts and weaknesses. Harry Connick was a very good guest mentor on last years show. He told the truth to the kids but did it in a constructive way.

Couple things here that I agree with.

1) I thought I was the only one who felt that way about J-lo. There have been so many times this year where someone gives a dreadful performance and as the camera pans to the judges table, I start thinking "Oh, man. Here it comes!" But it never does! It's like no one can do any wrong in their eyes. To further add to it, I thought Pia's performance last night was clearly the best, but when it got the judges, they were picking it apart! Really? Really, same group who said Pauls performance was "outstanding"? This is what separates the show with Simon Cowell and the show sans Simon Cowell. Either it's rigged or no one has the testicular fortitude to lay it down, I don't get it.
2) Harry was not only hilarious, but he had some great advice too. Instead we get treated to Marc Anthony who just hams it up for the camera and, honestly.... kind of acts like he's on drugs.
3) What the crap is Steven Tyler even talking about half the time? God love him, but there's no way he'll be back next year. He's far too spacey. You can totally see him brain fart in the middle of sentence and have a mini freak-out trying to regain himself. Poor guy.

Oh common. Be nice you guys. It is just entertainment. Ja Lo gets better looking every week. I love Steven. He seems like such a good soul. He has earned the right to just be him. He is great. Everyone loves him. He will be back. Simon was the biggest dick going. Thought he was Gods gift to woman. The kids this year are so good you don't need to judge them. They are all going to make money. Even Paul pulled it off last night. It is going to be so hard to pick who goes home. I know who I want, but it probably won't happen. Be nice, or I'm coming to your house to watch it tonight. :)

From MSNBC entertainment department.

Is Steven Tyler turning into 'Idol's' new Paula?

The problem is that Tyler really isn't saying anything at all when he judges. He's just sitting there playing the role of the Rock Star Emeritus with tenure presiding over a class of graduate students, spicing up his comments with a joke or a risqué phrase to stay relevant to the younger generation. While Jackson is at least occasionally making an attempt to be critical and J.Lo seems to see herself as their coach, Tyler talks like his central aim in the show is to be everyone's friend.

Those aren't brain farts, those are dead cells trying to cope. He is too burnt out. they got him for cheap so why not.

From MSNBC entertainment department.

Is Steven Tyler turning into 'Idol's' new Paula?

The problem is that Tyler really isn't saying anything at all when he judges. He's just sitting there playing the role of the Rock Star Emeritus with tenure presiding over a class of graduate students, spicing up his comments with a joke or a risqué phrase to stay relevant to the younger generation. While Jackson is at least occasionally making an attempt to be critical and J.Lo seems to see herself as their coach, Tyler talks like his central aim in the show is to be everyone's friend.

Those aren't brain farts, those are dead cells trying to cope. He is too burnt out. they got him for cheap so why not.
OK, grumpy, is that your kit in the Avatar. :) I just put that up as my pic of the month on my site. :) Very unique. I loved the 57 Shevy.
When he went up to that guys fiancee in the wheel chair, and hugged and kissed her on the cheek, he won me over. Very cool.

That 57 Renown is my dream kit. My local Ma and Pa has one and I keep drooling on it. Going to another clinic Monday night, so I can drool some more. My kit is a Cherry Burst Renown kit.

Those 57's are ridiculous. They have one at our store out here and it looks even better in person.

I also like to make the connection that being from Michigan and the kits finish being called "Motor City Blue" that we are somehow even more destined to be together.

Back