Help brady get a new drum kit...

Marriage is compromise so what's the big deal. I'm sure you've asked her to do something she thought was equally nerdy. Good grief when I think of all the crap (by my perspective) my wife has dragged me to, but she reciprocates so seems fair. It must be important (to her) if she is willing to cough up the big bucks for a really nice kit. I'd be a gracious and noble geek, nerd, spaz and then sit on my new throne like a King Baby!!!!! Hmmmm, A few moments of pain for a lifetime of pleasure. Clothes don't make the man-drums do. hee,hee,hee. In fact, insist next years pick will include your drum kit and you ala Red Hot Chilli- just wearing a sock. My bad self.

She couldn't come up with something more tasteful like you in a tux her in a black dress? Will you have time to get your hair done in a mullet and get the old cars out from in front of the trailer before hand?

What is the drum brand, and are you kidding, a new portrait every year. She is yanking your chain. Time to "nad up"

I believe there are plans for a tasteful picture as well. We've been married nearly 5 years and we don't have any portraits, let alone cheesy ones. And yes, if I cut my hair, I could easily get it "mulletized".

Yeah, every year is a bit much. I would rather do one every few years.

By the way, on the table is a Ludwig Classic Maple.

Thanks for the link...we may actually use that.

So you're willing to sell your dignity for exactly one set of CM's.
This requires you for every year for the rest of your marriage to dress up stupid and make a permanent record of it? I'd be trying to get her to change the terms to something a little more complimentary. Play it from the angle that it's not that your not willing to do something for her, it's just that you feel a bit demoralized. That particular picture idea has got to go. Think of something better to agree to.

So you're willing to sell your dignity for exactly one set of CM's.
This requires you for every year for the rest of your marriage to dress up stupid and make a permanent record of it? I'd be trying to get her to change the terms to something a little more complimentary. Play it from the angle that it's not that your not willing to do something for her, it's just that you feel a bit demoralized. That particular picture idea has got to go. Think of something better to agree to.

I agree. We discussed it and the new deal is for "photographer approved" poses. And the shirts don't have to be matching.

This will be in addition to the regular classy photo.

Are you sure she isn't toying with you? I hate couples photos and have resisted having one done in the 12+ years I've been married. I'm terrible! We went out to our favorite jazz club on New Years and a pro photographer caught us at our table, and snapped a great photo for us. That photo has been blown up, professionally framed, and is hanging right in the middle of the living room now. :p

Anyhow, I'd shave and oil up my entire body, rock a spandex body suit, teased hair, and Twisted Sister makeup, for new drums. Shoot man, I'd probably do it for laughs anyhow. I say go for it.

lOOK OUTSIDE. Ashton Kucher is hiding in the bushes. YOU'VE BEEN PUNKED.

Back