Good cymbals for were im at

George@drums182

Hey, ive been playing drums for about 8 years now and im 15. I have a pdp x7 kit and have now began to think about getting some new cymbals. Im kind of stuck about what are good cymbals for your money and what stuff i should be looking at for my ability. Thanks for any advice in advance
p.s keep in mind my family arnt the richest of people

what brand/type of cymbals do you currently have?

if you're currently playing with less expensive low end cymbals, the only way to upgrade is to spend more money on the higher end stuff. high end cymbal prices are pretty much the same when you really look into it. size usually dictates the price. new you're looking at 2-3 hundred dollars depending on size. the only way to get them cheap is to find a sale... which won't save you much or you can find used cymbals that are higher end and not damaged.

i've found that more expensive cymbals sounds better so i would have to agree with the prior post. keep saving and look for gently used (not damaged) higher end cymbals in local ads/ebay/pawn shops/etc. the longer you save the more money you will have so eventually... you may be able to get them brand new.

Oh right, i was thinking that, because my cymbals are on the bottom end of price and sound that spending more is going to the best in the long run.
Thanks guys

Oh right, i was thinking that, because my cymbals are on the bottom end of price and sound that spending more is going to the best in the long run.
Thanks guys

Definetly. If you've been playing for 8 years then i know that if i'd been playing that long i would have already probably had a professional set of cymbals so try not to worry about getting the right cymbals for your "ability" it's a nice sentiment to have but really at the end of the day there are people out there who have the best of gear and can't play for toffee so it really doesn't matter. As has been said, look on places like ebay for high end undamaged used cymbals, for an example you can usually expect to pick up say an A custom crash for £100 to £150 that sort of price.

Hey, ive been playing drums for about 8 years now and im 15. I have a pdp x7 kit and have now began to think about getting some new cymbals. Im kind of stuck about what are good cymbals for your money and what stuff i should be looking at for my ability. Thanks for any advice in advance
p.s keep in mind my family arnt the richest of people

I'd say get yourself a good set of ZBT crashes+effects, and try to find some used higher end cymbals for your hats and ride. When you start making money for yourself and feel dedicated enough you can get all the top line stuff you want to, but check out the ZBTs for now. I loved my 18in crash, my 14in trash effects thing, and my 18in china till i ended up upgrading and giving them away to friends n students.

Thanks for help
The istanbul cymbals wouldent have been a brand i would have showed much intrest in, but thanks for opening my eyes up to them, they sound pretty nice. I also like the idea about the ZBT effects cymbals and more expensive hats. So does anybody know what meinl cymals are like?. Also does anybody have any good reccomendastions for crisp sounding hats?
Thanks

do it slowely one at a time bide you time see a deal and snap it up. ive done tht for my hats aax xcelerators 14" for £130 and my zildjian 18" oriental china for £80 both retailing at 250~ if only id have known that when i brought my ride an AA raw bell which i got for 215 :/

im now waiting out for a paiste 2002 crash in both 18 and 20" but it is taking forever

do it slowely one at a time bide you time see a deal and snap it up. ive done tht for my hats aax xcelerators 14" for £130 and my zildjian 18" oriental china for £80 both retailing at 250~ if only id have known that when i brought my ride an AA raw bell which i got for 215 :/

im now waiting out for a paiste 2002 crash in both 18 and 20" but it is taking forever

oo nice one. To be honest i think its what im going to have to do, build it up slowly and take what i can, when i can.

Buy once or buy twice imo. Since you have been playing drums for 8 yrs i'm shure you understand how to hit a cymbal without breaking it. I really don't see a need to buy lower end cymbals. I agree with most of the above...save your money and get pro cymbals one at a time. In the long run you'll be glad you did.

Last edited:
Back