Triggering samples with footswitch

manderman

Does anybody know if it is possible to use a footswitch instead of a trigger or electronic pad with a drum module?
I want to use it for an 808 subdrop, but another pedal + kickpad is too much money, weight and space for pressing it like 5-6 times during a gig.

A non-latching footswitch might well work. They can be had cheaply. I can't guarantee it to work, but both essentially send out voltage-based signals so it could. You'll have to change same of the MIDI settings, mind.

You should be able to use a foot pedal, but you may have to change the trigger type for that particular input from a pad to a pedal if needed. You also want to be sure the sensitivity is increased in the module, so that you always get the full sound regardless how light or heavy you tap the pedal.

Bermuda

I know I can use a pedal and a pad, but it will take more time to set all the stuff on stage.

I would be happy if this type of pedal could work:
http://gadget-help.ru/media/1/20100104-14x_c40f820e.jpg

It's small and easy to hit.

Honestly what I was talking about takes no more time to put in place than that pedal you are looking at. Problem is does that pedal have a trigger in it to send the signal or is it just a controller foot switch? That's the problem I ran into with the roland fd-8 foot switch, it only activates the open closed sound for the hats there is no trigger in it it's just a controller.

This has been bugging me lately....

Wanting to try using the Boss FS-5U unlatching footswitches as trigger inputs, instead of footswitch inputs. These pedals can attach like a puzzle piece, so I can get up to 6 in a row if I'd like. They run cheap, used and don't take up much floor space.

Recently bought a Roland SPD-SX, and it seems these unlatched pedals will not work, when using the trigger inputs... although they're fine connecting to the footswitch 1/2 input.

I still feel the Roland SPD-SX is a bit overpriced... and what's worse, my brand-new model.. the top right edge pad (pad #3) barely triggers at all. The other two are fine. Adjusting sensitivity and threshold makes no difference. I really have to wack that third pad. Thinking of returning it.

Anyway.. can anyone else chime in about using regular footswitches in any of these units? I was also thinking of picking up a Roland TM-2 instead... but I'd really prefer to use four small footswitches as the trigger inputs, instead of BT-1s or PD-8s.

Thanks!

This has been bugging me lately....

Wanting to try using the Boss FS-5U unlatching footswitches as trigger inputs, instead of footswitch inputs. These pedals can attach like a puzzle piece, so I can get up to 6 in a row if I'd like. They run cheap, used and don't take up much floor space.

Recently bought a Roland SPD-SX, and it seems these unlatched pedals will not work, when using the trigger inputs... although they're fine connecting to the footswitch 1/2 input.

I still feel the Roland SPD-SX is a bit overpriced... and what's worse, my brand-new model.. the top right edge pad (pad #3) barely triggers at all. The other two are fine. Adjusting sensitivity and threshold makes no difference. I really have to wack that third pad. Thinking of returning it.

Anyway.. can anyone else chime in about using regular footswitches in any of these units? I was also thinking of picking up a Roland TM-2 instead... but I'd really prefer to use four small footswitches as the trigger inputs, instead of BT-1s or PD-8s.

Thanks!

I use a FS6 as trigger on the SX. Works perfectly.

I also use the KT-10, two RT30 triggers on my snares, two Yamaha TP65 pads and the TMC6 for expanding the SX' inputs:
17361956_10212510788224320_3241720645008559979_n.jpg

Back