roland spds urgent help needed

Nealio1987

Hi all

I need some help with inserting the flash card into the spds , ( sounds simple)
The card i have seems very small for the slot and just seems like its TOO small , i checked and it seems to be compatible on the net, transcend 512mb , do I need some sort of adaptor ? ... The spds just says no card ....

Any help would be greatly apreciated

NEAL

It should slot right in. The side with the holes goes in first, and there are slots on each sides of the card that have to fit in corresponding slots in the card bay.

It is a CompactFlash card, right? Not an SD Card or Memory Stick or any other memory card type?

Make sure your card is a CF card ... indeed, they make smaller cards, for different camera/computer systems. The CF card is a bit of a dinosaur, buy todays standards. Your card should be about 1 5/8 inches by 1 3/8 inches. With two rows of holes across the back.​
If you have the right card, next would be to format it. Consult your SPD-S manual for formatting instructions. The card needs the machine to format it, otherwise, it's not gonna accept and info. Some camera systems work the same way. They must format the card first.​

ANY CHANCE OF SENDING ME A LINK TO ONE FROM THE UK AS THE ONLY ONES IN THE UK I CAN FIND ARE THE SMALLER ONES , JUST SO A DONT KNAE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN ... THANKS A LOT

Back