My kit in Studio (Tama, Ludwig)

willjaeger

Hello all. My band did some recording this weekend, and I snapped a couple of pics. Specs:

5.5"x14" Tama Copper Snare
16"x16" Ludwig Classic Maple Floor Tom
16"x18" Ludwig Classic Maple Floor Tom
14"x26" Ludwig Classic Maple Kick Drum

Drums are Vintage Oyster Black with Classic Large Lugs, and Blue and Olive Badges. Coated Emperor Snare batter over Hazy Ambassador, with PureSound snare wires. Clear Pinstripe tom batters over Clear Ambassadors, and Clear Powerstroke 3 kick batter. Aquarian Regulator front head from DrumArt.com, with a 3" port, no additional muffling.

14" A. Zildjian Quick Beat Hi Hats
19" Zildjian Z. Custom Rock Crash
22" Sabian APX Solid Ride
20" Sabian AAX Stage Crash
20" Paiste Dimensions Power China

All Tama hardware, including an Iron Cobra Velo Glide hi hat, Iron Cobra Power Glide kick pedal, and Roadpro stands.

Pro Mark 2Bs, Hickory with wood tip

Not pictured are my red Humes and Berg Enduro Cases.

I don't see any pics...................................

Awesome, kind of reminds me of Jack White's Dead Weather setup a little. Dig the massive sizes! How d'you tune her?

Thanks! I'm not the most scientific drum tuner in the world, but my approach was basically to get the snare to cut without losing any of the 'oomph': Batter was cranked as high I could without making it sound like a coffee can, and snare side was maybe medium tight, or slightly looser.

The toms are low and resonating, batters and resos tuned to about the same pitch, or the resos just slightly higher. The Pinstripes don't take away any of the resonance on drums this size, tuned the way I tune them- they just focus the attack and give them some punch.

The kick is tuned mostly for feel on the batter, so it's probably a half turn or more higher than the front head, which I basically just tune maybe half a turn past finger tight.

Thanks! I'm not the most scientific drum tuner in the world, but my approach was basically to get the snare to cut without losing any of the 'oomph': Batter was cranked as high I could without making it sound like a coffee can, and snare side was maybe medium tight, or slightly looser.

The toms are low and resonating, batters and resos tuned to about the same pitch, or the resos just slightly higher. The Pinstripes don't take away any of the resonance on drums this size, tuned the way I tune them- they just focus the attack and give them some punch.

The kick is tuned mostly for feel on the batter, so it's probably a half turn or more higher than the front head, which I basically just tune maybe half a turn past finger tight.
I bet those toms are thunderous, man. I love big drums (even though I rarely play them lol). Anywhere online I can hear 'em?

We're still tracking guitars and vocals, so the recording isn't ready yet. You can check out some videos of us from our first show on youtube by searching "white elephant dallas"

Thanks man!

We're still tracking guitars and vocals, so the recording isn't ready yet. You can check out some videos of us from our first show on youtube by searching "white elephant dallas"

Thanks man!

Cool, I'll hit them up when I'm in a more appropriate situation (i.e, not at work lol.) Always great to see and hear some Ludwigs man.

Back