View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 11:13 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Default Re: Drummers Using a Metronome. A Helpful Questionnaire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbishop View Post
The joke's on them, the questions are usually so poorly formulated they can't be getting much meaningful information from them. They should hire a consultant, at very least to help write their survey.
That's the worst part, they're not asking the right questions, and/or not supplying sufficient response choices. I don't recall being able to answer any of these 'university' surveys in a completely accurate way.

But it's not limited to smart students... I just filled-out an online survey for a major drum magazine and it was hopelessly shortsighted on the questions and available responses, especially considering it's aimed at pros. I let them know that I couldn't accurately answer at least two of the questions, because the options weren't comprehensive enough.

Example: Q: Do you use your own drums in the studio? A: 1) Always, 2) Sometimes 3) Never. Obviously, there are other possible answers, but the options weren't given. As someone who brings my own gear to the studio 95% of the time, neither always or sometimes are accurate responses. If almost always and rarely had also been options, I would have been able to answer.

Bermuda