Todd Sucherman here!

Hey Todd,

My wife and I will be at the show this Wednesday at Tuachan celebrating our anniversary. We're really looking forward to the show!

When we saw you guys last time you handed my wife a stick (guess I didn't look as good as she does, lol) anyway, we're hoping to get a mate for it this time, problem is we're about 20 rows back, we were front and center before. Just kidding about the stick but if you throw real hard it will increase our odds.

My real questions is about the venue. This is a very interesting natural outdoor amphitheater set back against some red rock cliffs. I've been to several plays there but this will be the first concert for us. I'm just curious how you and the other guys in the band feel Tuachan rates against all the places you guys have played. I feel its a very interesting venue and am amazed everytime we go there. They can actually flood the stage and make it become a lake or river during the plays, just amazing to my simple mind.

Sorry if my question seems odd, its just something i've been curious about.
Remember throw the stick back 20 rows, lol.

Thanks for your time,
Mike

Hello
Dear Todd

How are you? I hope you are good.
I am very glad to see you here...

Would you please tell me which Audix microphone do you use on your 8" and 10" tomtoms? D1 or D2

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Ramtin HajatDoost
Tehran - Iran

Drums558,

We haven't played there (I think) and it's Monday now. Looking forward to it though, sounds beautiful. We've been fortunate to play a lot of amazing places and I'm sure it will be a good night. Hope you enjoy the show!

Ramtin,

I love D2s on the rack toms, D4s on the floor toms. Hope that helps!

Thanks -
Cheers from Montana,
Todd

Todd,

The show was FANTASTIC!! 100 degrees in an outdoor venue and you guys still put on a very high energy show. To play with as much energy as you do for close to 2 hours in that heat, wow, I have no idea how you do it! It was great to hear some of the older songs like Suite Madam Blue and Crystal Ball, plus a few other surprises.

You have proven what can be done when you develope both the technical and musical sides of drumming, my hats off to you sir!

Now that i'm home I need to go burn off some energy on my drums, 4 days with just the pad has been tough after seeing the show.

If any of you get the chance to see Styx you really need to do it, these guys definintly know how to ROCK!

Mike

...Hello again Tod.

Once again, looking forward to your clinic in September here in Edmonton.

I have been spreading the word of Tod, and I hope to bring you a few more disciples.

See you on the 20th.

Barry

Thats not fair, Baz gets everything including the way cool stache!
Who do I have to bribe to get a Todd clinic in Utah? This is a serious question by the way.

Mike

Mike--

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you made it out and I appreciate your feedback. Hopefully, there's a pic below from when I arrived at the venue. As far as clinics go, your local Pearl/Sabian dealer has to request me through Pearl/Sabian. That's how those work.

Baz--

See you soon!

Cheers,
Todd

Attachments

• P1000425.jpg
    P1000425.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 828
Woolfmoon,

Thanks for the link. I was just getting over a food poisoning/stomach bug for that show. Happy it got a nice review.

Mike--

Cool. Let your dealer know!

To those interested, I posted about the Brian Wilson "Reimagines Gershwin" CD that comes out today a while ago. Well, it's out today and here's a 4 minute doc about the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCy-z3e4D9A

Cheers!
TS

I hope to see you in Clearwater Florida, Oct 23rd for what looks like a great STYX performance. I plan on rushing the stage to say hi. Not really at my age I don't rush anything. See you there.

Edit. I will be in row J, 9 rows back from the stage. Look for the big guy sitting all the way to your left. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'll be heading back to Canada for a run of clinics after I return from performing at the Adams Drum Fest in Holland September 12th. Here's the info.....hope to see some of you in Holland or Canada!

Cheers,
Todd

LONG & MCQUADE EXLUSIVE CLINIC RUN:

LANGLEY, BC
Saturday, September 18, 2010 | 7pm
Rose Gellert Hall, Langley Community Music School (4899 207th St., Langley)
Tickets: $5 (available at all lower mainland Long & McQuade locations.)
For more information, please contact the Langley location via email or at 604-530-8704.
EDMONTON, AB
Monday, September 20, 2010 | 8pm
Long & McQuade (9219 28th Ave.NW, Edmonton)
Tickets: $5 (available in-store)
For more information, please contact the Edmonton South location via email or at 780-432-0102.
SASKATOON, SK
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 | 7pm
St. Joseph High School Theatre (115 Nelson Rd, Saskatoon)
For more information, please contact the Saskatoon location via email or at 306-664-1966.
WINNIPEG, MB
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 | 7pm
Winnipeg Deaf Center (285 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg)
For more information, please contact the Winnipeg location via email or at 204-284-8992.
BURLINGTON, ON
Thursday, September 23, 2010 | 7pm
Burlington Music Centre (New Street, Burlington)
Tickets: $5 (available in store)
For more information, please contact the Burlington location via email or at 905-319-3330.
HALIFAX, NS
Friday, September 24, 2010 | 7:30pm
St. Matthias Church Hall (6131 Chebucto Road, Halifax)
Tickets: $10 (available in store - exchangeable for $10 rental coupon)
For more information, please contact the Halifax location via email or at 902-496-6900.

Can't wait to see you in Edmonton! Do you know if you'll be doing a meet and greet after the clinic?

-Jonathan

Hey Todd

Hope you're well!

Tabea and I are looking forward to seeing you on Sunday at Adams'.
We hope you'll have a safe trip over to Holland so we finally get to see and hear and experience all the Todd-classics like e.g. "tears of joy".

May I bring my own copy of MM for you to sign, Todd? I sincerely hope it'll work out.

We'll have to go through a seven hour drive ourselves...but I bet it'll be worth every kilometer -- Meeting the actual Chicago-Man himself! What else can I say...

Thanks for coming over, Todd!

Eagerly...cheers from Munich,

Andreas

...all said and done! Thanks again, Todd!

Last edited:
Hello Todd

I really dig your tuning - tips on MM. Do you have any experience with Bob Gatzen's OTT (Opposite Tuning Tension) - technique, that you want to share? I tried it and it seems to work, when it comes to fine-tuning the drum. I own very low-priced drums and it's hard to put them (and keep them) in tune (...thanks for the locktight-advice, btw).

Thanks, Todd!

From Salzburg,

Andreas

Andreas,

Great to meet you in Holland! I have no experience with anyone's tuning methods but my own, which is entirely by ear. The better the drum, the larger the sweet spot and the easier it all is to dial in.

Off to Canada tomorrow. See some of you there!
Cheers,
Todd

Back