12"x9
14x14" ft
16"x16" ft

Sonor SSE 14"x7" waxblack birch snare

Attachments

• trommerbak.jpg
    trommerbak.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 29,538
It is the best looking Saturn, I too have exactly the same setup and finish and the kit has my mouth dropping when I play it, it's just about the sweetest drum kit I've owned, and this is my ninth kit.

I have the Chad Smith sig snare too but I don't use it that often with my Saturn, I tend to use a pair of Mapex Black Panther snares 14x5.5 and 10x5.5 with my kit.

This image is different to the next one on, this one was a try out with a different setup by placing the 14" floor on my left, found it was getting used as a towel stand more than a drum ;D

IMG_4268.jpg

The snare in this pic is a Tama Warlord Valyrie 13" and it's another great sounding snare...

SNC12222.jpg

The Mapex Black Panther twins as I call them....

IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5115.jpg

Not too correct you but we have the same set up and all but, i think you have a Galaxy Burst, and mines a Galaxy Fade, yours goes Black, Silver, Black, while my finish just goes Silver to Black. But they both look amazing, i espeacially like the black nickle hardware, nice kit by the way

My mapex saturn la series in crystal krush finish.

Since this pic when i first got it ive upgraded my cymbals to AAX
and gotten pearl eliminator double pedals

Specs
22x20
12x9
16x16
14x7 snare

14" AAX hats
16" AAX crash
20" AAX ride
18" AAX chinese
10" AAX splash

Currently saving for 18" crash and two more toms.. love this kit such a beautiful sound it produces =]

It's cool to see the same model outfitted for such differing musical styles! Everything from punk to jazz to metal to my whatever:

2003 Saturn Pro fusion model but with a 20" bass drum instead of a 22" (10-12-14-16 toms)

img1175xo2.jpg

You can see more of it here integrated in with an electronic kit or here for more general shots.

I would be so tempted to order a Saturn kit, ...but for one huge issue (in my eyes) The Saturn line doesn't offer a 9x13! The Meridian line does, ...but...number 2 on the list of high-end kits from Mapex doesn't ....dumb!

im getting new heads in about 2 weeks and wondering what you guys are running. I have the stock Mapex Remo heads and im thinking of just replacing the batters, because the resos seem fine, any suggestions?
Thanks Brad

Not too correct you but we have the same set up and all but, i think you have a Galaxy Burst, and mines a Galaxy Fade, yours goes Black, Silver, Black, while my finish just goes Silver to Black. But they both look amazing, i espeacially like the black nickle hardware, nice kit by the way

No worries, I don't mind being corrected at all :eek:)

Yeah mine is the Galaxy Burst, but it's more of a Blackbluesilverblueblack.

im getting new heads in about 2 weeks and wondering what you guys are running. I have the stock Mapex Remo heads and im thinking of just replacing the batters, because the resos seem fine, any suggestions?
Thanks Brad

I'm currently using coated EC2's and clear EC2 reso's

I have recently bought the coated G-Plus heads but not put them onyet (waiting for the EC2's to perish), the reviews state the G-Plus's are very good. In for a penny, in for a pound

Here are some shots of my Saturns in various configurations...

Attachments

• Mapex_Double Bass_1.jpg
    Mapex_Double Bass_1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 13,516
  • Mapex_Driver's Seat.jpg
    Mapex_Driver's Seat.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 13,435
  • Mapex_HM Logo.jpg
    Mapex_HM Logo.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 13,314
Hey

Thought I'd share my thoughts with you aswell!

Last saturday I bought a second hand immaculate condition 2009 Mapex Saturn in Galaxy Burst, complimented by a limited edition Solid Steel 14*5.5 Black Panther Snare.
I got the Kit, snare, Hardcases, eliminator double pedal, eliminator hihat stand and loads of other wee gubbins etc. All for £800 gbp. Not bad for over £2k's worth and a kit that was 7 months old, and had been on tour with Natasha Bedingfield and Hilary duff!! (How the owner managed to keep it so immaculate on tour is well beyond me!!!)

Got the kit in the morning, replaced the heads on it to the EC2 clears, (i wanted coated but boy are they hard to get), tuned it up and played it in church. I have to say I am more than surpised at the thump and lowend that the 20 by 18 bass has!! I was a little concerned that it would not sound as big as my 22 from my previous PDP MX kit, but heck I was wrong. Even without a proper tuning the bass sound was almost perfect for what I want!! The 10, 12, 14 20, 14sn setup is perfect I suspect for anyone playing anything up to the realms of hard rock music. The tones are warmer than I was even used to on previous maple kit's. Even with rutes / splits / hotrods in quieter songs these babies sounded sweet!

I am going to place pics up in a week or so when I get to take it out of its cases again, and I can not wait till I do. Even the look of the kit is so photogenic.

Thinking as well about removing the bass / tom mount and having the virgin bass drum, to allow a wee bit more flexibility in the setup as I run 1 up 2 down. Is it a hard mod to make do you guys know?

Aside of that, the only other mod I want to make is to Emad the bass drum. Done it on all my other kits and it sounded great. I expect it to be great on this too!!

BTW joecrabtree.com His website is offering the discount to $30 on his 1 hour long video lessons.Its like a years subscription and his lessons are pretty good. the only wee thing is that some of the lessons are aimed at a particular person who's called him for an over the phone lesson I think. None the less that aside, I got them a few days ago and am loving them so far!! Excited to be enthused about learning again!!!!

All the best guys.. Pics to follow!

God Bless

Jonny

Also....

How good is it that the finish is not actually a wrap job??? Its an actual paint finish!!!
How hard must that be to get right and keep the kits looking like they do??

JW

This is my kit in Mango Burst, studio configuration!
Great kit, I have used it in many different situations and it has yet to fail me;)

Attachments

• bilde3kopi.jpg
    bilde3kopi.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 12,999
  • Bilde1kopi.jpg
    Bilde1kopi.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 12,884
  • bilde2kopi.jpg
    bilde2kopi.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 13,311
ive been thingin about mounting my floortom so i have a 3up 1 down sort fo thing goin on. But i am wondering if i should mount it with the floor tom leg holders on the bottem, or flip it over and have it on the top lugs, which would have to involve me swaping the heads.

in the pic it shows the way i am talking about, with the floor tom leg holders on the bottem, but only replace the leg with a tom mount. or should i flip it over? Thanks
b r a d .

Attachments

• mapexsaturntom.bmp
    183.6 KB · Views: 12,653
ive been thingin about mounting my floortom so i have a 3up 1 down sort fo thing goin on. But i am wondering if i should mount it with the floor tom leg holders on the bottem, or flip it over and have it on the top lugs, which would have to involve me swaping the heads.

in the pic it shows the way i am talking about, with the floor tom leg holders on the bottem, but only replace the leg with a tom mount. or should i flip it over? Thanks
b r a d .

Personally i had problems having a 14" tom as a rack tom. It seems a bit too big for me. But if you want this setup then have the leg holders on the top because that way it'll be better.

Hey

Thought I'd share my thoughts with you aswell!

Last saturday I bought a second hand immaculate condition 2009 Mapex Saturn in Galaxy Burst, complimented by a limited edition Solid Steel 14*5.5 Black Panther Snare.
I got the Kit, snare, Hardcases, eliminator double pedal, eliminator hihat stand and loads of other wee gubbins etc. All for £800 gbp. Not bad for over £2k's worth and a kit that was 7 months old, and had been on tour with Natasha Bedingfield and Hilary duff!! (How the owner managed to keep it so immaculate on tour is well beyond me!!!)

Got the kit in the morning, replaced the heads on it to the EC2 clears, (i wanted coated but boy are they hard to get), tuned it up and played it in church. I have to say I am more than surpised at the thump and lowend that the 20 by 18 bass has!! I was a little concerned that it would not sound as big as my 22 from my previous PDP MX kit, but heck I was wrong. Even without a proper tuning the bass sound was almost perfect for what I want!! The 10, 12, 14 20, 14sn setup is perfect I suspect for anyone playing anything up to the realms of hard rock music. The tones are warmer than I was even used to on previous maple kit's. Even with rutes / splits / hotrods in quieter songs these babies sounded sweet!

I am going to place pics up in a week or so when I get to take it out of its cases again, and I can not wait till I do. Even the look of the kit is so photogenic.

Thinking as well about removing the bass / tom mount and having the virgin bass drum, to allow a wee bit more flexibility in the setup as I run 1 up 2 down. Is it a hard mod to make do you guys know?

Aside of that, the only other mod I want to make is to Emad the bass drum. Done it on all my other kits and it sounded great. I expect it to be great on this too!!

BTW joecrabtree.com His website is offering the discount to $30 on his 1 hour long video lessons.Its like a years subscription and his lessons are pretty good. the only wee thing is that some of the lessons are aimed at a particular person who's called him for an over the phone lesson I think. None the less that aside, I got them a few days ago and am loving them so far!! Excited to be enthused about learning again!!!!

All the best guys.. Pics to follow!

God Bless

Jonny

my god where did you find that id have bit his hand off for that. sell off my old cases kit etc and have some more £££ for cymbals :)

I know im kinda late but here are some pics of my Saturns

Attachments

• IMG_0925 2.jpg
    IMG_0925 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 8,584
  • IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 8,515
  • IMG_0907 (2).jpg
    IMG_0907 (2).jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 9,817
Yep, Saturn's are awesome. Simple enough,,,,needed more characters