Help w/ triggers

Infinity Drummer

Hey guys! I have a PDP X7 Kit that I want triggered, I have never gone extensively into it, but what would be the rough cost of the triggers and module and all the wiring!?

I dont play gigs, but I would like to have this to make youtube drumming much easier!

I am not looking for the top of the line module! How much would it cost for beginner/intermediate gear? I need EVERYTHING!

i recently checked this out, now these are rough numbers in canadian money but, about 100 per trigger, say 30 per cable, i found a used alesis dm5 module for about 500, small 8 channel mixer for 400. then its up to you if you wanna go with head phones or speakers to hear the whole set up. but all in all your close to if not over 2000 for triggering a five peice kit.

i recently checked this out, now these are rough numbers in canadian money but, about 100 per trigger, say 30 per cable, i found a used alesis dm5 module for about 500, small 8 channel mixer for 400. then its up to you if you wanna go with head phones or speakers to hear the whole set up. but all in all your close to if not over 2000 for triggering a five peice kit.

Wow! Thats a lot! I dont think I will do that then!

A quality trigger set up isn't cheap.
I was thinking of waiting for a Pearl e-Pro kit to become available in the future.
That would probably be about the same price used.
You can find some used ddrum kits with trigger set ups too.

Does anyone know what happens when a trigger fails? I am getting repeated machine gun like rapid hits with just one hit on the tom. it be the td6?

Does anyone know what happens when a trigger fails? I am getting repeated machine gun like rapid hits with just one hit on the tom. it be the td6?

Sounds like the trigger sensor might be stuck, or there could be a short in the wiring. Depending how comfortable you are digging into your electronics, it could be an easy fix.

Back