INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Re: Greetings from Quebec, Canada!

Salut...Ça va!

Welcome to the brotherhood!

The master's name is Bernhard Castiglione and he runs the show...

I have been thoroughly enjoying this forum for the past few weeks, so I figure its finally time to introduce myself!

Real name? - Mark

Age? - 27

How long have you been playing? - around 8 months.

Origin of user name? - Jimmythemonkey has been my pseudonym since I was a child - it's a long and illogical story

Your top 5 drummers? - Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Taylor Hawkins, Stanton Moore, Brad Wilk

Make of drumkit? - Ludwig Centennial Moto kit with Ludwig Black Magic Snare; Roland TD-4KX2 with a couple of additions

Make of cymbal? - Zildjian 21" A Sweet Ride, 19" K Custom Hybrid Crash, 20" A Custom EFX Crash, and 15" Light K hi-hats.

Where do you practice? - Mostly at home. After the sun goes down I practice on my Roland kit to spare the neighbors.

Are you in a band? - Sort of, I play once in a while with some of my MBA classmates. We mostly play parodies for school posterity.

Do you play covers or originals? - Covers. I much prefer to mimic my favorite sounds than create new ones of my own. My brother is the creative one.

What style of music? - Mostly hard rock and classic rock, but I mess around in other genres from time to time.

Favourite take out food? - craft beer

What country do you live in? - Atlanta, GA, USA

One really odd fact about yourself? - I have lived in 27 different places in my 27 years.

How did you start drumming? - I played guitar for close to 15 years, once in a while dabbling on my brother's drum set. I got a Roland eDrum kit last fall and have never looked back at my now dust-gathering guitars. The stress relieving qualities of banging on drums are unparalleled.

Last edited:

OK, I'm kinda confused by you wording. Are you getting everything for $600 .... or are you paying $600 for the drums, and $500 for the cymbals?​
Superstars (new) run around $750. And if you pay sales tax up there, then that's more. So, good deal, maybe not. So so deal, perhaps.​
As far as the cymbals go, series (model) is extremely important. I'd venture to say, pass on the cymbals. A guy with a Superstar kit is probably not going to have Zildjian A, A Custom, or K cymbals. And if he does, he's gonna advertise that fact. So, if he's selling ZBT's, ZHT's, or ZXT's, I'd pass on the cymbals. Unless, of course, the whole package is $600, out the door. If that's the case, not a bad deal.​

You've already identified the make (Tama) and model (Superstar) yourself.​

I'm getting the drumkit for (2 floors, 1 bassdrum, 1 snare, 1 tom 12') for 600$
The cymbals (Hi-hat, Crash 17', Ride (don't know size yet), chinese 20') all Zildjian for 500$
All the cymbal stands and tom rack + other accessories : 280$

That's close to 1400 for the whole kit with cymbals and everything. The guy told me this kit can be worth an easy 3000 with everything I've got on it. Why do you say they're only 750 ? I've seen them everywhere way more expensive than 750 used!

The cymbals are Zildjian K series.
I need to find the extra 2 toms that I'm missing, 8' and 10' in this color, used for a good price, anybody have them?

I'm getting the drumkit for (2 floors, 1 bassdrum, 1 snare, 1 tom 12') for 600$
The cymbals (Hi-hat, Crash 17', Ride (don't know size yet), chinese 20') all Zildjian for 500$
All the cymbal stands and tom rack + other accessories : 280$

That's close to 1400 for the whole kit with cymbals and everything. The guy told me this kit can be worth an easy 3000 with everything I've got on it. Why do you say they're only 750 ? I've seen them everywhere way more expensive than 750 used!

The cymbals are Zildjian K series.
I need to find the extra 2 toms that I'm missing, 8' and 10' in this color, used for a good price, anybody have them?

Hi and welcome. The deal you mention doesn't sound good to me. Way too much. Zildjian K's are nice but $500 for 3 cymbals? Eh.... I am always wary of the "take-all-this-stuff-off-of-my-hands" deals that include everything but the kitchen sink. It's important to be patient when buying used. It is a buyer's market so YOu have the upper hand. For $1,400, my oh my, you can get close to a used professional kit for $1,000 (Mapex Saturn, Yamahas). Stands/hardware for $150-200 total. Cymbals maybe $400. But look, you can get the same deal this seller is offering and get a professional kit instead of a "decent" mid-level kit you'l probably want to replace at some point down the road.

Wait and be patient. Keep looking :)

Salut Sébastien et Bienvenue !

Moi c'est Michel et je suis de Rouyn-Noranda en Abitibi.

Bien content de savoir que même étant de Montréal, tu ne sois pas un partisan des habs, moi je suis un ex et futur partisan de Nordiques.

Enjoy your time here ;-)

Orlando love

Hey everyone, my names Conor and i live in Orlando, Florida. im 21 years old and have been drumming for a few years, i actually bought my first drum kit on the night of Barack Obama's presidential inauguration. I play in a local band named Swallow (https://www.facebook.com/SwallowMusic) we don't have any quality recordings yet but we will soon. I own a Tama Swingstar kit ( my first kit) and a Tama Artstar 2. My current mostly used snare is a Tama Artwood 8x14. Im still rocking on some starter Tama cymbals due to being a broke college student. I don't know too much about drums just how to hit them.So i hope this website will help to teach me a thing or two about them.

Real name? Ralph
Age?37
How long have I been playing? Off and on (mostly off) for about 5 years during the past 20 years
Origin of my username? Randomness
Top 5 drummers? Jeff Porcaro, Stewart Copeland, Buddy Rich, John Bonham and Bernard Purdie
Make of drumkit? Last drum kit stolen :( was an Arbiter 4 pc, maple in blue. Now a inexpensive kit that was given to me.
Make of cymbals? Orion Cymbals of Brazil, Zildjian
Where do you practice? Living Room
Are you or were you in a band? Yes
Covers or originals?Both
Style of music? Everything under the sun
Take out food? In N' Out
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Everything about me is odd.
How did I start drumming? Chronic tapper from birth. Primarily played guitar for many years than switched to drumming.

Attachments

• drums final config copy.jpg
    drums final config copy.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 1,699
Last edited:
fuck this place and the "mayor" of the forums.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, I'm dewayne, I'm a drummer here in the dallas area, I've been reading here alot and decided to go ahead and try to join. This is a nice and informative sight thank you for allowing me access.

Hello Everyone

I would like say hello and introduce myself to everyone on the forum. I am 38 and from New Orleans, Louisiana. I am married and have a son. My son and me both take lessons from the same teacher. My son is 9. We have only been playing for about 1 year......LATE BLOOMER.....I know. But, I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I have a Mapex meridian birch kit that i got used. Im going to try to get some pics up of the kit. Anyway look forward to talking to you guys. Thanks... Bayou Dog

Real name? Kelly (...easy)
Age? 27
How long have I been playing? I started when I was 13, played intermittently after high school and during college; took serious lessons for about 2.5 years until a little more than a year ago; am now trying to get back into it since i'd like to continue practicing.
Origin of my username? ...apparently not thoughtful enough ;)
Top 5 drummers? Jon Fishman, Steve Gadd, Phil Collins, Bill Bruford, Dave Grohl
Make of drumkit? Tama Rockstar (same kit since I was 13)
Make of cymbals? Sabian
Where do you practice? I haven't really been able to for the last few years since I moved into an apt and now a condo (although parent's house where my kit is isn't too far). I'm actually looking into electronic kits right now (feel free to message me if you have recommendations/thoughts!!)
Are you or were you in a band? Sort of: I'm playing on and off with my first band (it's hard to get together regularly). Now, I'm starting to talk with other friends about making a new band (while keeping the first band in the routine).
Covers or originals? Both
Style of music? Progressive rock, classic rock, hard rock, funk, reggae, (good) pop. Pretty much anything (with rock being my go-to, obviously), although there are some exceptions -- e.g., country.
Take out food? Ledo's Pizza
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Each finger i have represents a drum or cymbal on a drumkit so i can play wherever and whenever. :)
How did I start drumming? I actually started on guitar (played from about 11-13) but then moved to drums and never really looked back.

Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome and don't worry about being a late bloomer....I'm almost 45 and I started a little over a year ago. There are several of us late starters here. Great that you and your son are doing this together. Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing your play. You'll get lots of great information and advice here.

Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome.

Music is timeless. Forgive the pun. You have the rest of your lives to enjoy!

Back