Remo BD Batters

Sparkboss

I've used a clear PS3 batter for years, and havent thought to change because i get the perfect attack and sustain for my play style. However, i HAVE wondered how i would like the PS4 or even the powerstroke pro (However i'm not a big fan of muffled basses. with the acception to the PS3 ring ;) )

But, to my main question.Has anybody tried and compared the powerstroke 3 with powerstroke 4? or even the powerstroke pro?

Also i know that some people like to go for a coated batter, however i've only ever heard of one case where a person has used smooth white for that midpoint between clear and coated. has anybody experimented with any of the clear white bass batters?

I use a clear PS3 on my jazz kit and a Clear PS4 on my Rock kit.
The PS3 is single ply and it has a longer sustain and a brighter tone than the 2 ply PS4 which of course is darker in tone with less sustain.

Both heads are excellent!
I also use Aquarian SKI and SKII bass drum batters.
They are more thump sounding than the Remo's

I may have to try it out then. I think its definitely feasable to drop the extra cash to try it out! Especially because i can just lug it around as a backup in the case that i don't prefer it ;)

The powerstroke pro and PS3 actually are both single ply 10 mil heads, but it seems the only difference is that the PS3 uses a mylar outlay, and the PSpro uses foam. Although they claim the foam is "Pressure dampening" Whereas the PS3s mylar is said to simple dampen unwanted overtones.

So now my question is, Has anybody tested these two and noticed actual pressure dampening with the PSpro? Or is it just a different method to rid the drum of the same unwanted overtones?

Back