Bun E Carlos - Ain't That a Shame

inneedofgrace

Platinum Member
Love Bun E. It would always kill me how he would just sit back and do his thing, cigarette hanging out the side of his mouth, while the others were crazy. I think he often got underestimated because of he understated demeanor but wow can he play. It's a shame he's not touring with CT anymore.

Thanks for sharing those Cheap Trick videos! Bun E. Carlos is just him, an original drummer.

Bun is one of the most honest and musical drummers I have ever heard.Guys like that are typically overlooked because the important thing to them is the music and the band.The drums are the glue that holds it together.He's also a serious collector and very knowledgeable about his instrument especially vintage stuff.

Steve B

Didn't know he collected gear. I still try to see CT when I get the chance because of Bun.

I like the breakdown and explanation, a lot of drummers mentioned in there. A nice mishmash of homages.

I've always enjoyed that song. I had the pleasure of meeting Bun E. way back in 1985 at an Air Force base in Northern Italy when CT was performing in a USO tour called The First Airborne Rock and Roll Division. In my opinion, he's one of the best drummers ever. Another nice thing that occured was when Stephen Stills strolled up and introduced himself the same afternoon. I was a camerman for the show and the only drawback was that every time I would try for a close shot of Rick Nielsen, he would extend his middle finger at my camera. I finally starting shooting the bird back at him.

i have always loved his playing...just so unique & rocking. check out how awesome his ludwigs (toms!) sound at the beginning.

Back