[REDACTED]

If you are going to use traditional grip drum sticks, then you should be using traditional grip drum heads on which to play them and tune them with a traditional grip drum key.

My dad was in the navy and traveled the world, but he said that the one type of people he couldn't get along with was austrailians. He told me they would call him gay for being respectful towards women. But that's just what he says, I don't have an opinion because as of right now, I only know two austrailians. ;)
Nah, we're pretty easy going,............unless you're an American sailor. Then it's open slather.
When I was in the Navy all I ever heard about was how great Australia was and about how friendly the people were. Eventually my ship went to Perth and it was amazing - even for a sailor. A little out of the way for most vacationers but well worth the trip for anyone who can make it. I've never heard anyone say they didn't totally dig it no matter what city they visited.

But also, there were a lot of Texans in the Navy when I was in (I'm sure there still are) and I noticed that 9 out of 10 of them don't do deference or humility, so cut this kid some slack - the Big 'Ole "Don't Mess With Texas" is in play here.

Last edited:
If you are going to use traditional grip drum sticks, then you should be using traditional grip drum heads on which to play them and tune them with a traditional grip drum key.

The "jokes" just keep on coming; some funnier than others but........the guy ask a question, everyone had fun with it. I am just pointing out these are out there and CAN be useful for traditional grip. I am going to assume it was a serious question and I gave him a serious/potential option. Like all have said, it really is a personal choice; not a "one size fits all" type thing.

The "jokes" just keep on coming; some funnier than others but........the guy ask a question, everyone had fun with it. I am just pointing out these are out there and CAN be useful for traditional grip. I am going to assume it was a serious question and I gave him a serious/potential option. Like all have said, it really is a personal choice; not a "one size fits all" type thing.

Joke? To which joke would you be referring?

My dad was in the navy and traveled the world, but he said that the one type of people he couldn't get along with was austrailians. He told me they would call him gay for being respectful towards women. But that's just what he says, I don't have an opinion because as of right now, I only know two austrailians. ;)

WTF?! Dang, I just HAD to jump in here on that one.

When I was in Iraq several years ago, the Aussies were THE BEST bunch of guys to hang around. Heck yeah, they're rowdy and all but that is merely part of their culture. Do a search sometime on the history Australia. It's actually really interesting.

So please don't cop your dad's attitude--or something resembling the attitude you've had on this thread--when it comes to Aussies. (I've got your back PFOG...)

You really should visit there sometime...just watch out for the drop bears.

The best stick for traditional grip is straight sticks (as opposed to kinky or bi sticks). I like sticks for trad grip where the butt and of the stick extends halfway to the tip, or approximately mid stick. They look cute that way, when marching!

Eventually my ship went to Perth and it was amazing - even for a sailor.

Well overdue to come back mate. I've made the spare bed, beer is in the fridge.....what's keeping you?

...just watch out for the drop bears.

Yes, the dreaded drop bear.

About the only thing more frightening than an insular Texan sailor! :)

And to cap it all, you're terrible at Cricket!

I'm almost too scared to watch.

My god, it's going to be a belting!!

Back